Could anyone tell me what they think the best brand of excavator buckets is? Primarily for a Kobelco SK210-8 and SK350-8. Which brand, Hensley, Esco, CP, WB, etc.? Why?
We have a Lemac on our Volvo. I think it is built good and loads great. We are very happy with it.
I just bought a couple of buckets and thumb , coupler ,ripper from craig attachments in canada they do have sales man that cover the southeast and I have been very pleased with the whole transaction from them listening to what I wanted to making sure it would work to follow up they even forgot to send a lifting clevis for they eye on the coupler and called a couple weeks later notifying me that they had forgot and it had been shipped
Thanks guys. I have never heard of Lemac or Craig attachments. How do they last? How does the Craig load and clear?
craig will build what ever you what they were very good to work with check out there web site.they are the best attachment manufacture that I have ever talked to. I met them at con expo this spring the 2nd and 3rd generation owners was there in the booth. I had ordered a progressive link thumb for my case 350C but when it got to engineering they seen it was a medium stick and there was not enough room to have a long enough cycl. to give the extra rotation so they called me to find out what my application is and suggested a non-link thumb (which was cheaper) not many people would do that.
TRK Attachments make really durable attachments. excavatorattachments.net
We have used backhoes and excavators for 30 years and without a doubt, Wimmer makes the most durable buckets on the market. Our new Volvo was ordered with Wimmer buckets and they weren't available yet so we used the Craig buckets and after 100 hours of use you could see wear. We finally got our Wimmer buckets and with 500 hours we have almost no visual wear. I would not have spent the additional money unless they were worth it. You pay more up front, but they last forever.
There's lots of good buckets on the market.
I'm looking for a good used SK250 Kobelco bucket. 42-48" if anyone knows of one. Thanks
Hensley makes a really good bucket. Made from US steel, not that China junk. http://www.hensleyind.com/
Fleco Attachments can supply you with most anything you need. flecoattachments.com
Welcome to HEF East Attachments. I suggest you look over our forum rules, this rule in particular: As it's stated, we allow a vendor to start a "one introductory thread" to promote a product of service, but we do not allow promoting a product or service in posts in multiple threads. I left this post on the board, but the others were removed as they are a violation of the rules.
Wimmer makes one hell of a bucket. Extremely durable and built for hard conditions. last a good long time ....I have not seen or used better in 35 plus years of movin dirt...
Well I have seen Hensely making buckets in china in a city called Nanjing not sure where they where exporting them as they make there teeth in china as they are in a JV with a company called NBLF. but as i said not sure if they are exporting them ones to the states or not.
We have been running CWS buckets and thumbs on all our Hitachi excavators with extremely good luck. Very durable set-up.
Have to add the Kiwi made BAS tilt bucket takes abuse well, I am the second owner, line bored and bushed, some cracks now (12000 hrs) and just welded new cutting edge. Gets used for all sorts not designed for tilt buckets, but I don't think there is a bucket that hasn't been used as a hammer out there.
We havended a TAK TB290 (20k lb excavator) it came with a TAG coupler and high capacity buckets. The buckets are very HD and appear to be holding up well.
There are many buckets available in market, but brand affects.
all my buckets are cp except the 48" that came with my link belt which is an esco
Has anybody used a USA Attachments bucket. They have very reasonable prices so I'm wondering if they're quality?
Anybody ever use a Teran Bucket? I am looking for a skeleton bucket for my cat 311 CU. Company is from Miami, I am not sure if these are imported from China or manufactured in the US. http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?OHID=449883&lp=mat<f=attachment
i live in miami fl and i have never heard of them but i am quite curious to see what they are about seems like they sell allot of things http://www.teranindustries.com/default.htm
There's a company up in Canada that makes great attachments.
Three companies come to mind, I see a lot of these. H&H CWS Craig I am sure there are many others as well.
TRK Attachments is one I've bought from.
I have a wain roy on mine but that's because of the quick attach that was on it when I bought it I think the best investment was the liner from payliner when our clay gets wet you spend more time cleaning out the bucket that running it there are some videos on u tube also http://www.payliner.biz/
I only buy from TRK Attachments now. Everything is built so well.
Ya the Craig buckets are not what they are cracked up to be. Wimmer and the TRK buckets are much better.
Reviving this old thread….Has anyone bought a thumb or bucket from either Fleco or East Attachments? I’m considering purchasing a mechanical thumb from these two companies. Their designs are a little different (both use an A arm and use AR-400) but I’m not knowledgeable enough to know which is better. Any advice? My application is removing pine, poplar, and oak.
They're mechanical thumbs so aren't very high tech. If specs. are similar look at how thick the steel is and size of pins. All things being similar buy the one you can get the best deal on.
Interestingly, my neighbor up the road has a Deere 210G with a Fleco thumb and he loves it so I’ll probably go with that.
I have sold some USA at I have stocked and sold Fleco attachments and received good feedback from customers. What machine are you putting it on? If its a CAT excavator, check out Bedrock brand if you haven't yet. I stock a lot of their stuff now just because of the pricing and good feedback from customers. All of their stuff is identical replicas to CAT. I know i have sold a lot of their hydraulic thumbs and they are the best prices by far, haven't had any experience with mechanical though.
It's going on a Linkbelt 160. I actually did reach out to Bedrock but they don't make a non-progressive, weld-on thumb. Fleco has a nice thumb but the back plate is too wide for my stick. I believe their standard 26x58 is more for a Cat 320 size machine. I went with another North Carolina company (East Attachments) that can customize the thumb I want.