I have a Cat D3G LGP 2005 with 2450 hours. I was wondering how to market it for sale. I am aware of Machinery Trader. It is on my farm. I have owned and maintained it in accordance with the manual since 2009. It is always keep inside my shop when not active. Thanks.
Ebay ebay ebay, i have had wonderful luck selling equipment there, it's buyer and seller protected. We have sold around 80 pieces over a period of 2 years and without any hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have used Ironplanet and have good luck with them. We use the daily marketplace which runs for seven days and lets you set a reserve, works like eBay and it has worldwide advertising.
Set up a BBQ with girls in bikinis around you D3. Even if you dont sell it you`ll have a good time.
Have a party then sell it? Or sell it then have a party? Either way, girls in bikinis are always a good idea.
quickest sell would be ironplanet or bidadoo on ebay. advertising in machinery trader is the best bang for your buck (not cheap). looks like 35k would be the middle of the road without further info. expect at least 3 months to sell at that number which is about $1000 in advertising......................theironoracle
Thanks to all. I do have it listed now on Machinery Trader. I was hoping I made the right decision. Those girls in bikinis was a nice thought too!
I have bought and sold equipment and trucks over craigslist - it is free and you wouldn't believe how many folks see the ads.
Ritchie Bros is having an auction in Nashville on Dec. 19. Get you money faster. Just a thought. The Craigslist thing is very true. Lots of traffic, but you get all of the idiots wanting to know if you'll let them demo it at their place, will you sell it for 1/2, or whatever else crazy they can come up with. But not a penny spent on marketing! You know- if there was to be a large farm or estate selling at auction in your area, I have seen small equipment like that bring stupid high money before.