Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best mid size Dozer with what brand /model GPS system?

chrismatin ยท 2016-11-07 21:31

What is the best combo GPS system with mid size Dozer? Own a small sitework company & need a simple but reliable combo Dozer/GPS system. We install foundation pads, parking lots, lay down yards & some roads. Have been using Leica lasers & having surveyor set cut/fill stakes to this point. Tk you

Replies5
  1. #1dozerman4002016-11-08 18:59

    I like Kamatsu. There gps system is easy to use and there are no poles on the blade. I just take the data collector in and out of the cab each time and set up is easy.

  2. #2SVTSHELBYGT5002016-11-10 20:17

    Check out the 700k with smart grade !

  3. #3chrismatin2016-11-10 21:10

    Which is the easiest & most reliable ,TopCon or Trimble or Komatsu's system? Tk

  4. #4johndeere1232016-12-01 15:52

    I like the Trimble system more than the Topcon. Topcon has more sensors and worse service where I am. If you are looking for a midsize, I would recommend getting the automatic controls.

  5. #5SVTSHELBYGT5002016-12-11 14:21

    For my money topcon mc2 have used topcon GPS for 3 years with no problems . Dealer support is the big thing .