Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best new seat for a dump truck

nedly05 ยท 2014-11-15 06:18

So the seat in my Mack is starting to annoy me, it feels like it tips toward the middle of the cab, and when I take a right hand corner it feels like im going to fall out of it. I'd like to get a new one, something more comfortable for the long days, definitely with arm rests. Anyone have any reccomendations? Id like to spend $500 or so. Thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1nowing752014-11-15 09:38

    Check the local truck dealers. They often have takeouts they sell.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2014-11-15 09:46

    I don't know anything about pricing but Bostrom was in every truck I drove except Mack. I do know they are available at different levels of luxury and comfort depending on the budget. You might try a salvage yard too for one out of a low mileage wreck. Whatever you decide make sure it has a "fore & aft" sliding suspension, this allows the seat to float front to back an inch or two which absorbs a lot of cab rock. What a difference that makes at the end of the day!

  3. #3nedly052014-11-15 13:32

    Thanks guys! I hadn't even thought of a junk yard or take out. Id like to get a big plush one from an OTR tractor!!! I may have to up my budget a bit to get what I want if I do go new.

  4. #4Multiracer2014-11-15 15:05

    You will double your budget for what you are talking about. Go for a dealer take out, KW or Pete will be a very nice seat. Air suspended, air lumbar, fore and aft rocker, with armrests. Mine has gone 300,000 and so far I have only replaced the bottom cushion. ( 2006 KW T-800 Quad dump)

  5. #5mitch5042014-11-15 20:08

    Yeah, I'd like to get a new truck seat for $500 too. A new cheap seat will cost about $800. When you are at the junkyard, keep in mind most won't fit in a CH due to cab height and floor shape, according to the normally very knowledgeable owner of a large heavy truck junkyard here.

  6. #6nedly052014-11-16 08:30

    Yeah, after looking around I've noticed they are much more expensive since I bought my last one. Thanks for the tip on the Mack's, I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and see what they have available. I'll spend whatever I have to, just want a comfortable seat!

  7. #7mitch5042014-11-16 23:10

    Take a look at this, I just found it, looking for seat parts. http://www.suburbanseats.com/

  8. #8nedly052014-11-17 05:31

    Thanks Mitch!!! This is the seat I want, I was looking at it from Raneys truck parts, but this place is much cheaper! http://www.suburbanseats.com/p/bostrom-wide-ride-black-gray-cloth

  9. #9mitch5042014-11-17 20:09

    I have the standard Talledega T915 (which this seems to be based on) in the only CH I kept when I downsized in 2010. I was looking for a replacement seat cushion for it when I found this place.

  10. #10nedly052014-11-18 05:25

    Good prices, definitely a good find.