Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Plate compactor for 7 ton excavator?

Cal ยท 2018-10-02 14:44

Hey guys. Looking at plate compactors for my Kubota 057. I've ran across a couple Indeco IHC75's. Anyone have any experience? They almost look identical to an allied or something? Are the indecos produced by someone else..or vice versa? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Jbullfrog2018-11-27 23:30

    I found a used Stanley 24x36 for $500 that a plumber had a year after selling his back hoe. It was a bit big for my CX50B, so I resold it at a great profit and found an 18" stanley for $200 that ran fine, but needed the carriage adapted to my quicktach. Most plate compactors are just a hydraulic motor with a weight off centered on a wheel. The biggest thing to look at is the condition of the rubber torsion mounts and hoses, as those are the only thing that wears on them. Check your area Craigslists and find a nice used one, versus spending $3-5k for a new one.

  2. #2KSSS2018-12-24 17:03

    I found a Kent 60 at a Ritchie bros sale for 600 that was on a JD backhoe. Changed the coupler mount and it works great. The biggest thing is that your gpm at your aux. hyd match the requirements of the attachment. With a machine of that weight which is about what my Taki weighs you can handle a backhoe sized hoe pac.