Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best ratchet binder brand

Jasexc ยท 2016-02-06 21:34

What are the best brands of ratchet boomers and not china crap either. Currently i use crosby lebus and have decent luck just wondering what other brands are quality.

Replies12
  1. #1Shimmy12016-02-06 21:54

    I'm not sure what brand Johnson Trailer sells, but I think they are as good as any other. I think they're made in US. Biggest problem with any ratchet binder is lubrication. Keep a can of Fluid Film in the truck, spray them up whenever they get wet and they all do the job.

  2. #2Wes J2016-02-06 22:14

    The quickbinders look nice. I was messing with them at the I80 truck stop.

  3. #3barklee2016-02-08 22:54

    I like these. Had them for two years and no problems so far. Bought them from the tarpstop in Toledo Ohio for much cheaper than this site. http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/T...6&cadevice=c&gclid=CMjw3oLk6coCFQsPaQodF3oNcA

  4. #4Wes J2016-02-08 23:00

    That's the ones I was thinking of. Next time that's what I'm buying. I like the folding handle and that the ends can't unscrew and fall out of the body.

  5. #5Oxbow2016-02-09 07:59

    I bought the same at Tulsa Chain online for quite a bit less than listed on that website.

  6. #6movindirt2016-02-10 14:05

    I use the ones that TSC sells, not sure of the brand, but they are 3/8"-1/2", lubricated daily and used daily on and off 3 or 4 times a day, have 4 of them that are 3 or 4 years old, still working fine, not worn too much. iirc they were about $45. The key to having nice binders is to keep them lubed up, once the threads start getting rusty its a major pain.

  7. #7mitch5042016-02-11 01:28

    AW Direct has the quick binder plus 3/8-1/2 7100lb wll for $45.95, and the 3/8-1/2 12,000lb wll for $53.55

  8. #8JoshA2016-02-12 18:54

    I've got 4 of those QuickFit Plus that are mentioned above for the 5/8s chain and 6 of the regular non-flex handle (3/8s-1/2) like shown here : https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cargo-Control/Glacier/PRLB-3812.html The things I don't like about the quick fit is the balance of it, makes it a little awkward to use, whereas the fixed handles work excellent to drop in a stake pocket or pin hole and rapidly extend or retract it. The nice thing on the quick fit is the extension stops, but I do wish it had longer travel, 5/8s chain is heavy, always has some slack in it, and machines on tires have a lot of compression, really annoying running out of threads and still not 110% tight ! The fixed handles seem to have longer travel, but then can fall right out . Neither have enough traction on the barrel to twist it with wet gloves, though the quick fit tries. Have had some issues with the button / switch on the quick fit sticking .

  9. #9barnbuilder2016-03-04 13:19

    What is the thread diameter on the SCC Quickbinder?

  10. #10barnbuilder2016-04-01 19:48

    So none of you guys know what the tread diameter is on these? Was interested in the 3/8"-1/2" binder.

  11. #11Wes J2016-04-01 21:52

    What difference does it make? They have a very high WLL rating.

  12. #12Mark132016-04-08 23:13

    I have 4 or 5 of those quikbinders. The folding handle is nice to keep them out of the way, they store easier in a box, and you won't get snagged on the handle depending where you have the binder at on the equipment. I also have a couple lever/snap binders that I don't know who the manufacturer is but they're the same color as the quikbinders. They lock closed with a little thumb tab and there's some adjustment in one of the hooks via a threaded rod so you can get things very tight but not to the point you think you over did it or you know it's not tight but the next chain link is way to tight.