Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best rubber Track brand for Cat 297C

Christian Miranda · 2021-06-10 02:46

What’s up guys, I recently replaced the tracks on my Cat 297C with some brand new tracks from cat but the rubber doesn’t seem to be holding up very well and it’s only been used a few times since we put them on. My question is if any of you know any after market brands or companies that might sell an after market track that’s better than the ones they sell you at the cat dealer?

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632021-06-10 08:03

    What has happened to make you think this? Some pics maybe? If your talking about the rubber peeling at the inner rail where the sprocket drives, thats normal.

  2. #2Christian Miranda2021-06-11 12:28

    He was working around a dumpster and I guess grazed the bottom of it and tore a gash on the side of it. I guess that’s to be expected but the chunk missing on the top of track is off putting.

  3. #3Nige2021-06-11 12:59

    Self-inflicted injury then, and nothing related to the quality of the track itself.?

  4. #4Christian Miranda2021-06-12 16:47

    Yea I can’t complain much about that parts it’s just that, I dunno the rubber on the old tracks seemed harder. Not sure if because they were better quality or if rubber just gets harder over time. Do you guys have any experience with aftermarket rubber tracks?