I work in an underground mine as a heavy equipment mechanic. I was interested in purchasing my own scan tool to work on Atlas cop o and Sandvik Drill rigs. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or experience with this?
Back when I worked for atlas copco on the surface equipment they didn't have any dealer software, even at the factory level. Everything was accessible from the screen. There were 3 different levels of passwords. The only thing you would need a computer for is the engine.
Hi JK, I am pretty new to this blog/thread thing, but have lots of exp. with Copco and Sandvik equip. Other than what diags are avail. on a readout of the computer (if equipped) what I would usually do is narrow the issue down to three things...Mech, Elect, and Hydraulic... once you have narrowed that down, there are three diff. approaches... Noises, heats, and movement for mech. using a meter for electrical, and then temp, pressure and flow readings with the hydraulic components... once you have narrowed those things down, it gets a little easier...hope that makes sense to you? -Doug