I have a massey 1105 farm tractor which is about 120 h.p. at the drawbar. The tires are loaded, it has 1,000 pounds of weight on the rear axles per side. It does not yet have duals on it but it will soon. It does have some front weights, but I think that the tractor is balanced fairly well so more might not be necessary, will see. I'd like to put a pull pan behind it for some farm work and maybe some light construction. I'm thining like a 6 - 8 yard pan. I'd like an ejector style pan. I'd also like to have a hydraulic rather than a cable operated one. Anyone else use somethign like this?
I have in the past used a six yard scraper behind a 150hp tractor with duals. It had a heavy draw bar which it needed because the scraper only had rear wheels without front dolly wheels. It dumped in the middle by both the front and back rotating up. I think it was a reynolds. I needed all that hp too. If you don't have dolly wheels and don't have a heavy draw bar you will snap it. You can by or have made a draw bar support. Duals would be helpful.
When I was growing up we had a 6 yard Misken we pulled behind a John Deere 4020. It had the front dolly so just had the weight of the tongue on the tractor hitch. It had a dump pan though. It required four hydraulic outlets to use it. I would imagine most tractors are equipped with four outlets now a days. We moved a lot of material with it and I don't remember it ever breaking down. We didn't have duals on the 4020 but did have oversized rear tires filled with calcium.