I had a big Gas powered pressure washer / steam cleaner that done a pretty good job on grease and muck buildup on our equipment . Well needless to say some thief decided they needed it for drug money I'm sure. Anyone have any advice on what I should buy to replace the stolen one. I want something that will do a deep clean. Thanks
I'm quite partial to hotsy brand cleaners myself. used several of them and seen guys beat the snot out of em and keep on going
Where I worked we had maybe three different models of Hotsys over 35+ years. Up till a couple years ago we had a great service man at the dealer. Once a year had him come out and basically do a tune-up on it or if something was giving a problem. But that guy retired and the local dealer lost interest in the line of washers. Otherwise I feel they were well made and seemed to put up with all the abuse or lack of maintenance a quarry can throw at something. So I would second catfixer's thoughts on that brand.
We have one like this mounted on a trailer with a tank for portable washing it has worked well for us have had some issues with it but might be operator error as much as anything. http://www.hotsy.com/ViewCategories/559
We have around 25-30 pressure washers and swear by Mi-T-M. Very heavy duty and well built. We dont really do a lot of hot water washing but we do have a 3500 psi diesel unit. Cuts grease like its nothing. I would also recommend hotsy/ landa/ karcher commercial washers. All the same company, and very very reliable. I have seen a few Landa hot washers with over 5,000hrs that still worked like new.
Recommend Hotsy and Landa...
Mi-t-m industrial series. All parts that go into them are industry standard, such as general pumps, becket burners.
I don't have a brand exactly although all above are good.. My only advice is look at gallons a minute as much as Psi to make apples to apples comparisons. Extreme example is an airless painter. 3,000psi .3 gal per minute. Great pressure, terrible cleaning power. The one at the shop is 4,000psi @ 4 gal per minute. Will do anything from wash cars to strip paint with different tips. Couldn't tell you the brand but it's a belt drive general pump off a honda motor.
One thing I have not seen mentioned but came to mind from ScottAR's remark about GPM. A good high pressure water hose works wonders for heavy mud and dirt. 90% of the time before I did service work on a machine at the quarry I would spend maybe an hour washing the truck or loader off with the 1 1/2 hose we had just for that work. It did not touch grease as it was cold water but took off all the caked on mud from the haul roads that are kept wet to hold down dust. Then if you needed to clean off grease and oil that was done in the washbay with the Hotsey and as the large gobs of mud were gone it did not fill the washbay up with mud. Cat dealer in western NY I took a tour of a few years back had two wash bays. First had catwalks with fire hose nozzles mounted on them so operator could stand up out of the mud while washing the majority off then take hand held hose to do the "detail" work. Then for the "final" wash machine was move to a separate washbay with heated pressure washer.
get some thing that you can get parts for on saturday's or after hrs because Murphy's law thats when it will break and they seem to like chain saw's every time you use them you have to work on it