Looking at the loader bucket circuit, the simplest diverter installation would be to replace the hoses & tubes that go between the loader control valve on the right side of the machine at the front corner of the cab, and the loader frame. Put hoses from the bucket circuit to this diverter valve; http://www.shoupparts.com/catalog/view.cfm?bmkName=700-1002&ID=7520&Type=Product&FolderID=96524 And one set of hoses to the loader bucket tubes on the loader frame, and another set of hoses to quick couplers at the front of the loader frame, for the 4 in 1 bucket. I don't know how the supplied switch would work out, I need a pushbutton or toggle momentary switch to operate the 4 in 1. If I don't use the clutch button in the loader control lever, can it be wired up to the diverter valve? Cheap is better, but something like this might work; http://www.controlgrips.com/controlgripsdetails.php?productid=3 Any simpler / better ideas? Suggestions for other valves?
Have you already bought the 4 in 1 bucket? From what I've seen and been told, they are a good compromise for moving dirt and also picking up stuff. While trying them out, I found that it was very dificult to see what the bucket was doing. Until it opened up past the height of the bucket, I can't tell how far it's open. The same is true for when it's closed. I had to just keep closing it until it stoped, without being able to see it. This would work for most things, but it's not ideal. Another issue is that it's rigid and if what you are picking up is wider on one side then the other, it's only going to get a good grip on it there. My neighbor had a log twist on him after picking it up and bending his bucket. I just ordered a Rake Grapple that will have duel grapples on it so that I can get everything and hold it tight. To operate mine, I've been talking to the mechanics at my dealership and the owner of a hydraulic repair shop that my dealer uses for jobs they don't have time or the ability to fix. Both of them recomend puting in an electric diverter to control the grapple function. When it's done, I will push a button that will change the hydraulic from the tilting ablity, to the closing or opening of the grapples. The joystick will handle this, but only one or the other. They say this is very common and it's the simple/easy way to do it. Eddie
I'm assuming this is about when you don't have an auxilliary circuit available??? . If so, it would probably be hell cheaper than plumbing a whole new circuit. However, if you are robbing/diverting one of the other loader functions you will be restricted with how you use the 4in1. Put simply, you often multi-task the functions and need to use the bucket crowd, loader cylinders and the clamshell all at the same time. I think I'd be a very frustrated operator having to flick backwards and forwards with the diverter. Or am I reading this wrong?:beatsme
you should be able to wire up that switch , or you can use a foot operated headlight dimmer switch. As Squizzy said , you won't be able to operate the bucket curl and the clamp at same time. Do you have a quick coupler? If so you could put the diverter on the quick coupler circuit.
There is no auxillary circuit on the loader valve. I know it isn't as fast, but I will get by without using the bucket tilt and 4 in 1 at the same time. I will use the bucket quite a bit for cleanup of rocks and dirt so the 4 in 1 is the better option, if I was doing mostly brush clearing I would use a grapple. I think I will tack a mounting bracket for that switch on the existing loader control lever, if that doesn't work, I might try the dimmer switch, that idea might be a good one. Thanks