They put an Austin, Texas address on the serial number plate. THESE are ACTUALLY Made in China and there is NO PARTS distribution or service available in all of North America. ONLY SALES DISTRIBUTION is apparently through auction companies Our Dealership is IN Austin, so we get calls on these thinking they are made in a factory near us. NOPE!!!
RB and other auction companies are now selling lots of new offshore junk, at least around here. pallet forks, snowblowers, rototillers, tire changers, etc, etc. buyer beware
They have been doing that for years in my in the pacific northwest. In some cases RB has become dealer like without issues of warranties and need for replacement parts, sales reps and marketing departments.
It already has new paint so they don't even have to give it the ol' RB overhaul!
Interesting that they sell hot water pressure pressure washers with a different name from a reputable supplier but offer no warranty on them and they usually sell for about what you could buy one for with full warranty. I think RB selling the cheaply built attachments and tools, etc. is kind of pathetic for the largest equipment auctioneers in the world and lowers their reputation.
What reputation? I thought RB = Junk.
They sell some good equipment and obviously did something right to get to be where they are.
Selling out their reputation one chinese knock off at a time? is that where they are now? "Ritchie Brothers Freight Harbor" They have every right to sell cheap junk, that's what auctions have always done. Up to you to buy it or not. Interesting how long this has been going on. Seems like around ten years ago I started noticing it in WI, and it's really spread in the last few years.
There were a couple of companies I think out of Portland that were building some stuff out of used trucks. I can't bring it to mind but they stripped whatever was on the truck, custom built a deck for specialty items that they installed and sold all through Ritchie in Olympia. That was the late nineties and early 2000 time frame. Auctions don't care what they sell as long as there is plenty of it. They do care where it comes from and if there are any UCCs, problem titles or importation issues. I believe they have to reveal if there are any reserves on the sale as well. I don't believe they have to reveal the buyer or their location, but Ritchie does seem to be pretty good at doing that.
With the scrap metal prices set to rise it may become cheaper on a one of job to buy junk stuff, use it then sell it for scrap. Could make equipment rental prices come down as well.
Right now in this area, everything that can be rented is. I've heard most outfits don't even pretend to negotiate rental prices right now.
Do you know where I can get skidsteer mower blades for mower king?
Not sure which model you have . I have a 72 inch brush cutter for skid steer . Really it’s not 72 that’s outside measurement. It did not come with stump jumper just a flat steel plate type setup with two small blades . I upgraded today to stump jumper and real bush hog blades . Guy who sold cutter to me gave me the part numbers for this upgrade . The blades are clockwise cut in my cutter . The blade part numbers he gave me , blades are 4 inch shorter than what I need . So gonna loose 8 inch of cut . It’s was $308 I think delivered for stump jumper pan , new bolts and set of blades
I buy and sell skid steer attachments on the side. Mower King JCP,and Palidan are all Chinese knock offs. I want nothing to do with them. Theres a video on YOUTUBE showing a guy using a JCP Brush hog and within 5 minutes of light cutting the 2 bolts that secure the blades to the stump jumper SNAPPED OFF. Very dangerous in my opinion. There grapples are ok. I buy nothing Chinese with a motor or pump. I have had buyers come to me and tell me that there brush hog pump imploded. My advice is to find something new or used thats an American brand name. Example the brush hogs I sell are 1100 lbs the knock offs 700 lbs
Not to say that Paladin Attachments haven't been copied by the Chinese, but Paladin is a domestic manufacturer of the highest quality, and owner of Bradco(and several others), builder of numerous skid steer attachments for OEMs such as Deere and Cat
Hi Jimbo, Yes Palidan made in the US makes excellent equipment, but there name has been cloned on some Chinese Attachments. In fact I called Paladin on this as they were unaware. I've seen the knock off stuff numerous times at some of the auctions I go to. Not sure how they get away with it
Figured this out: Paladin Industrial is the Chinese imposter......... Paladin Attachments is the domestic high quality original Proceed with caution !
Mower King is not putting quick connect couplers on their attachments. A high Flow coupler set (three piece) is $789.00 or more. I’m an unhappy customer.
I know you asked this several months ago and have probably found a solution by now. Maybe someone else will see this and it will help. What I did is order a set of blades from RancherSupply.com. Part # 26225. over all they are about 3/8" longer than the original blades on the brush cutter, but the bolt hole is further in so the overall cut is narrower. I bought a set of basic rotary cutter bolts from tractor supply. I had to cut the weld and knock out the bushing in my blade carrier and the new bolts fit perfect. The blades are heavier and wider than the original.