Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BICS Issue- Bobcat 753 Series C

colson04 · 2022-12-24 11:11

Bobcat 753 Series C BICs doesn't register me sitting in seat, nor does it register valve or traction. I used Bobcat 2 days ago for about 4 hours, had no issues. It was around freezing then. It sat during the blizzard, now its around 5°F and I need to plow out my driveway. Engine fired up easily just using the glow plugs. Not sure where to start with the BICS stuff. Only time I've ever had an issue before was the lap bar sensor died, but that isn't it today.

Replies13
  1. #1TriHonu2022-12-24 17:50

    Did you try cleaning out everything from under the seat and any frozen snow in the seat tracks? You wouldn't be the first to find the seat is not moving down to allow the seat sensor to activate.

  2. #2colson042022-12-24 21:07

    I did clear out any snow from around the seat. I've used this machine for snow work for about 5 years now and never had an issue with the seat sensor failing to activate. I'll look at it more on Monday.

  3. #3willie592022-12-24 21:14

    Try raising the seat bar and press the traction lock override button, see if it will operate then

  4. #4colson042022-12-24 21:16

    I pushed traction lock over ride earlier. I could audibly hear the click of the brakes releasing and could drive forward and back, but the boom and bucket functions were still locked out.

  5. #5willie592022-12-24 21:26

    Did you have the seat bar up?

  6. #6colson042022-12-24 21:27

    No, it was down. Seat bar up doesn't unlock the foot controls.

  7. #7willie592022-12-24 21:32

    On the C series, they designed it to override the seat switch when operator is using a backhoe attachment and sitting in the seat of the backhoe. In that situation, not being in the operator seat to activate the seat switch, you raise the seat bar and press the traction lock override, that way the machine will operate the drive and auxiliary hydraulics with operator not in the seat.

  8. #8colson042022-12-24 21:35

    Ahh, I gotcha. I'll check it out in the morning. Given our current weather patterns, I'm guessing my seat sensor is frozen.

  9. #9colson042022-12-26 16:05

    I tried my Bobcat again. Engine started easily, though temp is hovering around 20°F. No change in BICS display. Seat bar up, Traction Lock Override pressed, machine will drive as before, but hydraulics still don't function. Whether I use the override feature or not, the machine will attempt to dump bucket, but as soon as it builds pressure, it stops. Machine will then curl bucket to the extent that it released all the pressure. I'm going to let the machine idle for an hour or so at this point to fully warm up everything as best it can at idle. Then I'll see if I can't limp it over to my heated garage for the night to thaw out. With bucket at current position, all I can do is drive in reverse so hopefully I can make it over there. By Wednesday, the temps will be above freezing again.

  10. #10colson042022-12-26 16:50

    Frozen seat sensor. I let machine idle for awhile, went to climb in to move it, slipped, landed hard on seat and felt it really give. Looked over and seat sensor light was aluminated this time. Everything works, just finished plowing out my driveway with it. Still going to park inside for the night to thaw.

  11. #11willie592022-12-26 19:01

    That seat sensor was problematic on those machines, so much so that Bobcat finally decided to toss those things in the late F series machines. You need to call Bobcat first thing in the morning and order the delete kit for that sensor. I don't recall the part number, but I know that delete kit is still available, that would be the best money you could spend and be happy spending it to get rid of that POS.

  12. #12colson042022-12-26 19:49

    I had no idea there was a delete kit for the seat sensor. Thanks for the heads up. I'm just glad it started working for now so I could get my drive plowed. We had a pretty good drift building in the last 50 ft that had my wife freaking out.

  13. #13willie592022-12-26 21:45

    Knowing Bobcat it will prolly cost you some coin, but unless you plan on an upgrade from that C series it's money well spent. The C series is an antique compared to later model machines, but aside from that basic BICS controller they're pretty much a minimum electronic machine. One thing you need to watch for on a C series is cracks in the weld of the pin boss for the bucket tilt cylinder where it attaches to the loader arms. And check your chain case oil, make sure it's not contaminated with water, those seals for the chain case cover plates are certainly aged for a machine of that vintage