Ok, so I've come to the realization that with as much available work there is out of my area I would like to try and take advantage of the opportunity. These jobs are located approx. 150+ miles away. So with that said I don't hold any experience sending employees to a job this far. Was wondering if any other contractors had advice on how to factor in lodging, meal, per diem, travel, etc. costs into an estimate. Also, what's fair for the guys? Any general notes would be a great help. :usa
We put 2 guys to a room and give them about $25/day for spending. So, take the price of a motel room with 2 beds, divide by 2 and add it to the $25 or what ever you feel is fair for your area. ($25 won't go far in L.A.) ALso factor in weekends back home so if they don't have company transportation, you will need to give them gas money for the trip home and back each weekend. That's about all we factor into the remote jobs. Hope this helps.
We are working out of town now. I pay their gas to get there and back + $10.00 a day for dinner and of course the motel. We are working 4-10's so only need 3 nights a week in the motel also gave a $2.00 an hour raise.
one here gives 100 bucks a day.... spend as you wish.... another 25 bucks for meals per day... they foot the motel bills One place I worked paid one hour a day when it was in the 30 to 50 mile range from town... which paid for the extra gas kinda... I think Uncle Sam actually ended up with 99% of the hour... funny thing about the raise.... several years ago the biggie boss had a meeting ... offered 1 dollar an hour... or 2000 dollars... vote pick one.... The majority seen the 2000 bucks WOW.. so that's what we got.. well 1200 after taxes... Take the dollar it's forever.... HUH... I want 2000... Morons.... and we worked for the most part 5 / 10's year round...
I work out of town most of the time. We don't anything extra for it.
Heh heh, now I don't feel like a cheap azz
I am surprised they get anything at all. I don't know of anybody in this area that gets paid for out of town work. Next time they pi** you off you know how to get back at them.
You don't want to here what guys want up here. Most try to hold out for $195/day LOA rather than go to camp. Back when I was hotelling it it was a room shared with your cross-shift, and $25 a day for food.
Most all the milling operations I've been with cover hotel automatically and throw $25 or better a day for food. Last Year IBI out of Fargo ND would pay $60 a day cash for expenses, depending on where you were you came out ok. Being that I was not a local resident of ND, they allowed me to charge them 7 days a week perdiem, working or not.
Anytime I've traveled for work in the tree industry, the company paid our hotel room and gave us per diem, typically around 50 a day but that varied with the contract we were on. I now work for the gov and they pay per diem at 56 a day. That wasn't taxed as it's considered expense reimbursement. When I was in the union, we weren't paid for out of town work, at the tree co, I got a company pickup or plane tickets paid by the co to get there and back. They'd even usually let you drive home on the weekends in the work truck if you weren't too far away. Plus most of the work was prevailing wage, so that was a nice raise too, usually 5 or 6 an hour more than my home office paid. Downside, 80 hour work weeks, but oh man the cash.