Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big Block Snow Blower

farm_boy · 2007-01-16 01:49

In light of the recent snow that the center of the US has received, I thought you guys would like to see a neat little creation using a big block chevy and 10 bolt rear end!!

Replies13
  1. #1Countryboy2007-01-16 04:26

    I bet that'll blow (no pun intended) the competition away in the quarter mile. :yup That thing is awesome

  2. #2cat d92007-01-17 17:15

    This is what a snow blower really looks like. This one has an inline 8 cylinder diesel, 250hp.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2007-01-17 17:24

    That's interesting! The V8 blower has been around a few times, I think even here. There used to be a video somewhere of it in action, but I haven't found it lately. I've never seen a blower mounted on a grader, is that hydraulically powered or have a pony motor?

  4. #4cat d92007-01-17 22:11

    No and no, it is a standard Austin Western 99H with a UD14 IH engine in the back to run the grader, then up front, under the bolster where the circle and blade would be if it had one, is the 8DC1125 Buda diesel. The Buda is connected to the blower with a large clutch and drive shaft.

  5. #5Dwan Hall2007-01-17 23:42

    There was a green AW S99 with a blower for sale on e-bay last fall the blower was just like the one pictured. I think it sold for $1500. but it was GREEN

  6. #6CascadeScaper2007-01-18 03:37

    Our local municipal shop has a V8 Ford big block snowblower that they tote around on an older Deere tool carrier, I think it's a TC54H. They use it to remove the piles of windrowed snow that get's pushed to the centerline of the streets in town. It's louder than hell, but it'll throw snow 100 feet I'm sure. Makes quick work of the snow, that's for sure.

  7. #7cat d92007-01-19 00:07

    The Austin Western with the Sicard snow blower will load a 14 yard gravel truck with snow from the windrow in the middle of the street in 45 seconds. It may take a big loader to do that but the 966 can't do it.

  8. #8Serv2007-01-19 11:59

    That sure is neat. But for some reason it looks alot like a small block chevy to me. I didn't think the big block chevy's had siamesed exhaust ports in the center like the one's in the pictures above.

  9. #9MetalDragon_boy2007-01-19 17:29

    Wow that is cool! A company in Norway called "Øveraasen AS" makes the largest snowblower in the worlds. It is used to blow snow on railroads. It has an engine with over 2500HP... Im not 100% sure it is the one in the pics but the one in the pics is, no matter what model, BIG! http://www.overaasen.no/upload/snowblowers-rail-2D0000.jpg http://www.overaasen.no/upload/snowblowers-rail-2D0001.jpg http://www.overaasen.no/upload/snowblowers-rail-2D0003.jpg

  10. #10Mike J2007-01-21 02:27

    You are right big block chevys have evenly spaced exhaust ports. That is a big block chevy. The header pipes come out and are angled towards each other making it look like the ports are close.

  11. #11MetalDragon_boy2007-01-21 07:37

    LOL reminds me about a farmer her in Sweden. He has installed an older Volvo V8 in his Volvo T31 farming tractor. :notworthy

  12. #12JimM372011-01-27 22:40

    Hey Cat d9we sure could use these photos in the Austin Western Grader and Sicard Snow Blower Flickr photo groups I the Admin for them and they are great shots. Any other photos you have of AWs too. I have a Pacer 100 I'm restoring and it is a snow plowing animal.

  13. #13kanewolf2011-01-28 07:46

    There is now a newer version by the same guy. Check out the 2010 model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81y9XSQ9Ru0