Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big Bubba Premium 7′ X 16′ car hauler trailer

mbavers ยท 2019-02-24 20:41

I just looked at this trailer for sale and everything looked almost new and in excellent condition, except I noticed the deck seemed to have a slight curve downward at the front and back. A tight line stretched across the deck front to back revealed a dip on both ends of about 3/4 inch. When I stepped back to look I could clearly see the wrap-around rail also curved with the deck. The owner said he towed a tractor that weighs 5800 pounds. This is only 400 pounds over the approved cargo limit. I wouldn't think this should bend the bed. Is there any chance the trailer was built with this curve in it? I'm new to trailers, so I hope this doesn't sound too ignorant. Trailer has dual tandem 3500 lb axles.

Replies2
  1. #1petepilot2019-02-24 21:09

    your eyes are probably not lying to you. no curve from factory

  2. #2mbavers2019-02-24 21:25

    Thanks. I'm thinking maybe that tractor was well over 5800 lbs.