Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big cranes in my town today

shipman ยท 2009-09-16 17:05

The guy who shooed me away said I was looking at a Grove 350 and Demag 400.

Replies7
  1. #1Dominion 4102009-09-16 20:07

    big cranes Hefty looking beams,any idea on the weight? Have crossed the old bridge many times. Dominion:canada

  2. #2td25c2009-09-16 20:50

    Great pictures shipman,bridge work is allways interesting.Thanks for sharing them.

  3. #3Rindfuss322009-09-16 23:08

    I see red jump suits. Mammoet I take it.

  4. #4shipman2009-09-17 22:07

    Yes it was Mammoet, here is a closer view of the beam, who's going to take the first guess at the weight?

  5. #5liebherr11602009-09-18 19:14

    Mike was on the 400 and Steve was on the 350 ..have to make a call to be sure ..but best guess thats who was there .. Yes it is Mammoet ..And two great operator's there .. Those beams are 40-50 ton ..not the biggest I've been near getting set ..not the smallest either ..

  6. #6Julie Cain2009-09-23 16:23

    Great Pics, Thanks for Posting!

  7. #7aliceco2009-09-24 05:05

    Impressive pictures! You need some heavy machines to build a bridge. 50 tons is something you have to move, that's not so easy, you need some experienced operators for a job like this.