Emmy Award Winning Production Company is producing a new series all about Extreme Vehicles - and we're looking for some big, bad forklifts for the show. This series will air on a major US network. If you or anyone you know might be interested, contact us. We'd love to hear about you and the lift truck you operate. If you can, include some pictures of the machines and operators or a link to online video. Email our casting director: [email protected]
I dont have a pic or a big lift or anything but my $.02 to contribute here but...... I cant say that a forklift is a very intersting peice of equipment that is for sure, Maybe I am wrong but I dont think an hour show about a forklift is gonna add another Emmy to the shelf. Pj
Anything that's big, bad or extreme will win an emmy any day.
Lamding on scaffolding at 55+ feet gets interesting.
We rent some of the largest forklifts in the world, we can deliver to any location, We specialize in heavy lifting equipment check us out at http://www.ipsriggers.com
Well I don't know about the biggest but Svetruck and Big Cat forklifts are what Alaska Marine Lines uses for freight (we have a couple of big ones also)We use it to to unload barges and move freight at the mine. the heaviest contriners we pick are cement bulkers at 60 tons. I suggest that you look at http://www.svetruck.com/Forklifts/3252tons/SVETRUCK5012060/tabid/227/Default.aspx http://www.shipaml.com/
go look at the letourneau loag stackers. They are taking a fully loaded semi full of logs and stacking them in giant piles.
WOW, didn't see the big deal with that....till I realized that was semi full of logs next to it WOW
Stunned by the size of that machine - Looks like it could do 2 semi's at the same time, if you parked then close enough.
The most amazing thing is that it was probably built in the 1950's or 60's. Stunning certainly describes the accomplishments of R.G. LeTourneau. Precisely why history refers to him as "the father of modern earth moving".
One of the cool things about them is that most of them have no hydraulics. They use electric motors driving rack and pinion sets for most functions. They are still producing essentially the same designs today as in the '60s