Alright, whose got more pics. This thing is huge.... link
holy shucks you got any specs on that (width depth.
The picture is not too clear but it says "Depths up to 35' with backfill Slurry walls up to 50' deep". link
That's awsome! What would it be used for that goes that deep in the ground?
"HDPE Slotted Pipe" Whatever that is......
H igh D ensity P oly e thylene. In other words, garden variety corrugated black plastic drain pipe...
Pretty neat set-up. I never thought of a trencher for digging slurry walls. It's got to be faster than a crane and bucket or excavator. Although I have never worked on a project with a slurry wall, I did a few case studies back in college. Here is a couple links that explains this technology better than I. www.slurrywall.com http://www.massturnpike.com/bigdig/background/slurrywalls.html
The application with "select backfill" is for land or improvements needing groundwater remediation. Perf pipe laid down low to grab water deep and (presumeably) pump or drain it out with fall. We've done several perimiter excavations around buildings that are sinking, getting wet basements, etc. Anything from gravel to miridrain/quickdrain engineered drains can be effective. ETA: that machine IS friggin huge, I love it! I want one! I wonder IF/how-well it compacts any backfill? Does one have to use CDF/slurry or can good soil/grannular be used?
Welcome to HEF artherd! :drinkup
Thanks Countryboy! I thought I was alone in my enjoyment of big expensive toys, gratifying to find a group of people who work on 'em all day and still like to talk about 'em on a friday night! Being a newbie, next round is on me! :drinkup
That's a custom machine completely shop built by Dewind Dewatering. the company is located less than an hour from where I live. I've seen the actual machine working in person a few times, simply amazing. I have a few more pictures of the machine if someone would like to post them here for me. Eric [email protected]
Please Do!
I don't quite know how to post pictures here, if someone wants them e-mailed to them, to post here. Eric
When you hit the "reply" button here type in your message then go farther down the page ware you will see the "manage atchament" button, click on it then the "brouse button" . That will take you to your hard drive, find the picture you want doubble click on it, then "upload" it, close the mannage atchment window which will braing you back here them submit your reply. that should do it unless your picture is to lagrge in which case you may need some ferther help. Talk about ferther help man my spelling stinks tonight
Dwan beat me too it......thanks man. :drinkup Check PM Demoguy324.
These are Demoguy324's pictures he wanted to post. I couldn't get one of them to format correctly.
Wow....wow....wow.....that's borderline silly big. I guess with the right money, someone's going to build the perfect tool for whatever your need. Cutting that deep means you're going to hit every powerline and pipe buried there - no "going over the top" of what's already there. Great pictures, thanks for putting them up.