Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big M 500

hvy 1ton ยท 2009-05-05 13:04

Well Krone built a bigger Big M. Not really sure why some one would shell out the money for one of these. I wouldn't want to keep track of 40' of mower when most of it is behind you like that. I would much rather run a Claas Cougar where all of the mowers are in front of you. Another thing that comes to my mind is 2 tractors with 27' butterfly setups cover more ground than either one of the self propelled mowers. If you really have to cut that much ground every year, I would think one more employee won't break the bank. Plus at the end of the sumer you have 2 tractors to use in field work or whatever. http://www.profi.com/Controller;jse...Action&action=index&id=773?menuId=123&menuId= Thats some heavy crop they're cutting isn't it. ointhead

Replies1
  1. #1Nothinbetter2009-05-05 19:43

    Not a very well thought out machine. looks to me unless you are merging all into one, the outer rows are tight side by side, and 2 of the inner rows you are running over with the tires. As far as the extra employee and using 2 tractors, you also have 2 motors for fuel. I only have read about people that have a Big M. None I have read about are "farmers", they are harvesters. Thats all they do is go from farm to farm harvesting. So it's possible they don't need a tractor.