Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big old Komatsu

Neily · 2019-08-06 09:35

Just an old banger that’s been sitting for years, anyone know what it is 475?

Replies4
  1. #1Sturgill2019-08-10 15:30

    I ran a 475 in the 80s. I don’t recall it looking like that, but that was 30+ years ago.

  2. #2John C.2019-08-10 21:35

    I didn't know there was a 475 in the eighties. I've worked on a 455 a few times though. The 455 had a Cummins 1710 engine. I think the 475 has a V12 140 or 170 engine in it. That machine in the photo looks like a 475 to me.

  3. #3Neily2019-08-13 23:16

    Yeah I have no idea what it is, hopefully one day I might be able to have a closer look at it.

  4. #4seatwarmer2019-08-15 01:06

    The 740 horsepower (550 kW) D475A-1 was introduced in 1986 as a replacement for the 650 horsepower (480 kW) D455A