Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Big Pour on a cold day

Muffler Bearing ยท 2009-12-11 21:57

Today we sent every one of our trucks out plus about a dozen leasers from two other companies. It felt like an old WWII when the huge flight of bombers would get loaded up and head out to the target. All I could do was wait anxiously by the radio and set aside tools I might need if someone froze up or broke down. Actually it was quite similar to a bombing mission because my main concern was that they reach their target and drop the payload......making it home was less of a priority. But it all went smooth.:drinkup

Replies3
  1. #1willie592009-12-11 23:13

    Pretty good analogy MB. What did you do to the mix to deal with cold? Surely not a bridge pour.

  2. #2xcavator1202009-12-11 23:28

    We can't pour unless it's 35 and rising, which must not be the case for you. I'll bet the finishers did sweat much.

  3. #3Muffler Bearing2009-12-12 10:19

    i heard the specifics, but I usually don't pay attention. I know it was into a pump. I'll ask how we do cold stuff. I know we've also been selling "Flow Fill" That first mixer in the photo has one of those Revolution Fiberglass drums, smooth like an eggshell.