very nice! Those are hard to find.
Chainsaw, Very impressed with the size of your wood.
Were logging a burn,the big ones are roadside hazzard trees
Don't think my little 14 inch Homelite saws would be of much use on those! I also don't think Lowes of Home Depot would want the wood from them as it looks too straight!
Must be southern Oregon on USFS or BLM ground?
Yes,out of Bly,Oregon.Bootleg fire
Heres some more from today
Just had my house roofed, the roofer inspected from the attic also. All he said was[ I don't think I saw three knots in the lumber for those rafters, when was this house built?] 1949.
we salvaged some 2x4's from mom's house after the fire like that.
That size log used to be fairly common around here. They still cut them but the amount of jobs that make it through the red tape gets smaller. I worked some fires and got staked out in Bly one summer. Nice place to visit but gets old being trapped there for weeks on assignment. The fires back in those days were much smaller than the Bootleg, probably burned a lot of the same ground.
I don't know that there is a mill with a saw large enough to cut anything over 60" any more.
Ours can cut them,they just wont fit through the debarker.they can raise the debarker up and let the log go through with the bark on. The sawmill in john day has been taking big logs too
Hull Oakes can take em & so can Buse, Canyon, Herbert Lumber, Dahlstrom & Sundance
The used to be a “barn shape” on floats on the North arm of the Fraser that had a big “push pull” saw mounted in the rafters to cut those too big logs down to size. I think it sank a few years ago. (I haven’t passed by there as often in the last few years). Cam
I figured I should get a picture or two on here
Had to go get the loader for this one
Followed this one out yesterday. Came from a private job
Small to mediums. Downunder.