I run a JD 710 TLB for an old man and large local area contractor. Did half of Rte 20 in Sturbridge plus schools and various other areas. We avg'd between 15 - 18 inches of snow. Got home to try my old 7" Jeep plow that I welded mounting tangs in the bucket. This little 41 HP Mahindra did one bang up job with the Jeep plow. Four passes in a 1600 ft driveway nad all done.. Should have mounted that old plow last year, but was too lazy..
For snow work I am used to using Case 580's & 590's, but I rent for big storms or big shopping center type contracts I've had in the past. I had scaled back the snow operations this year to theoretically get more time to play with the kids, but some how still managed to be gone for days LOL. Anyway, we kept up pretty well & really only needed to move a few small piles and get the curb lines back for some needed parking spaces & to avoid drainage problems at my one big lot (5 acres or so). So instead of going through the hassle of renting a big TLB I rented a New Holland 7308 from a friend who wasn't using it. They needed my operator to run it, they got some money for the tractor rental, and I got to tack on a little & still save my client over the usual price to haul the 580 out for that work. So a win win situation for everyone involved. The little machine had no problem getting what I needed done, it just took a little longer that's all. In fact I have an old plow lying around that I may get set up for that tractor so they can get some more work during the snows, like you mention you did for your tractor.
I've been trying to convince this old man contractor to put a ower angle plow on the 710. It would make plowing three times or more faster and one heck of a lot easier. Hard to change these old guys. This last storm, 5-6 inches turnign to rain, made instant heavy slush. What a day chasing slush from the wind rows created by the bucket. Power angle sure would have made it a lot easier.