Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bigggg move

heymccall ยท 2019-12-05 21:40

Encountered this move this week on the way to work. If the traffic signal hadn't turned for me, I would've gotten a parting shot of where the rear steer guy way overshot leaving that intersection. I know they had to back up and try again. And, apparently, it was amateur hour for the police escort. Nobody flagged the intersection (8 lane x 6 lane), so it gridlocked.

Replies4
  1. #1redneckracin2019-12-06 07:09

    There is supposed to be a superload coming down from Erie and headed to Lock Haven that started yesterday. News article said 600,000lbs+ IIRC. That should be interesting to see go through.

  2. #2digger242j2019-12-06 18:54

    I thought I recognized the intersection, but I had to check Google Maps to be sure. Do you suppose it was headed for the Pa Turnpike?

  3. #3heymccall2019-12-06 21:09

    The tractor was in the leftmost lane of 22 east, and the front of the rear dollies were in the right most guardrail of the turnpike ramp when I left.

  4. #4suladas2019-12-24 01:29

    The crazy part of those is it's not even surprising to see rigs like that here anymore, almost a weekly occurrence. Although no guys steering in the rear like that, only ever seen that on like 100' trailers. Figure a computer doing it has to be a lot better idea. A construction company here has very similar trailer they haul a 800 hoe on in one piece.