Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bio diesil

DIXIE ยท 2005-08-12 22:30

what is the price what is the good and bad of using it I dont see it around here but i here a lot about it

Replies9
  1. #1leadarrows2005-08-13 00:33

    I found this site just yesterday and haven't had time to check it out yet but it seems to have all the info you could ask fore. http://www.nbb.org/

  2. #2littledenny2005-08-16 23:43

    FWIW - I don't know the details of the fuel, other than Biodeisel is partly made from grain. Can't find biodiesel in my neck of the woods (Georgia) but ran my Duramax on it while visiting Iowa last summer, and it seemed no different to me. Be interesting to hear from someone who knows the real details on the fuel.

  3. #3salesrep2005-08-17 21:54

    Depending on the percent of biodiesel that you run. Benefits include. Increase cetane 1-3 pts. reduce emissions 10-47% Increase lubricity 30-57% HUGE with ultra low sulfer fuel coming. What you lose. .5-2%hp o rmpg 200-500 btu's What bio does not give you vs premium or premium bio Moisture control corrosion inhibitors injector cleanliness

  4. #4Nac2006-05-20 17:26

    I was told there is a place local to me selling B100 for 2.20/ Gal by the drum am considering on swithing to it for my new Isuzu and my Frieghtliner any body have any thing to watch out for ? Any info would be appricated.

  5. #5Jeff D.2006-05-20 19:58

    I've been running a %(not sure what %) of bio diesel in my equipment and trucks since late last year.I haven't experience any ill effects from using it. A friend has been running B20 in his two semi's,and he maintains his fuel mileage went up. I have heard stories of fuel filter plugging caused by the cleaning effect it has in the fuel system,as it is more solvent than regular diesel. I wouldn't be willing to run it at 100% in my equipment though.It has troubles when the temp drops down at higher % levels.

  6. #6Nac2006-05-20 20:26

    Yes I also heard of problem in the colder temps but when it comes time i can blend it.

  7. #7Jeff D.2006-05-20 20:52

    I would be very interested in something like this too.Like you mentioned,you could blend it yourself. With the new low sulfer fuels,I think it would be worth it just for it's lubrication benifits. Maybe run it up to 50/50 in the summer,and decrease to 20% for winter,with some anti-gel also added.

  8. #8Dozerboy2006-05-21 21:55

    I don't know a lot about it, but the only thing off hand I can think of also is the it needs to have a pesticide in it the bugs like it.

  9. #9Squizzy246B2006-05-22 08:54

    NEW Holland has completed a biodiesel trial on a TM190 tractor to demonstrate its capability to run uninterrupted on 100% pure biodiesel, under real working conditions, for over 500 hours. The New Holland TM190 tractor undertaking the Extreme Endurance Trial The Extreme Endurance Trial, which finished on May 13, took place over five farms in the Bordeaux region, in the south of France, included 35 drivers and featured the machine carrying out intensive ploughing and heavy cultivations and road transport works. In the 22 days trial, the 194hp, 6-cylinder, 7.5litre engine series TM model, which was fitted with EZ-Guide Plus and EZ-Steer technology to increase the comfort and productivity of the drivers, stopped only for refuelling and routine maintenance checks. New Holland said the TM190 was chosen for the trial as it is an ideal general-purpose tractor for areas like Bordeaux, where a low weight and high performance combination is perfect for minimum soil damage and maximum versatility, as well as being suited to road transport applications. "This is the first time that a manufacturer has submitted itself to such a stringent test in public," New Holland marketing manager Simon Vigour said. "During the trial we covered an area of 899.6 hectares with the plough and drilling and 300km on road travelling from one field to another. Overall we used 12,758 litres of B100 biodiesel in line with the European standard EN 14214 and the average fuel consumption during the 533 hours was 23.9 litres per hour." Vigour said there was a growing demand for biodiesel in agriculture; and New Holland's concern for the environment and for supporting all of its customers had led to the announcement that on all its current production equipment with CNH engines, it was now possible to use up to 20% blend biodiesel, providing the blends used comply with European standard EN14214. "New Holland is also running an intensive program of testing to evaluate the performance of all its engines with higher blends of biodiesel," Vigour said.