Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Black Trucks Matter

Hallback · 2021-08-07 00:16

Drove her home tonight. Off to get striped & lettered Sunday. It's just a tad bigger than a 900L.

Replies40
  1. #1hvy 1ton2021-08-07 00:31

    Fluffy

  2. #2Mike L2021-08-07 06:03

    That thing is HOT!

  3. #3Hallback2021-08-07 06:38

    Thank you guys. I still need to get short exhaust tips on it (I may have to cut & weld these to height) finish out the plumbing (oil/air) and a few other small things. She is close!

  4. #4Old Doug2021-08-07 08:09

    Very sharp i wonder how much hotter a dark colored truck gets. When i was looking for a chevy c70 i found a black with a red striped one. It was in great shape even had ac but i kept thinking about how i about burnt my finger prints off on my dads black f150 door the summer before.

  5. #5funwithfuel2021-08-07 08:32

    That thing is slicker than greased owl ****. I've always appreciated the vocational chassis.

  6. #6Birken Vogt2021-08-07 12:52

    I used to work out of a black '05 or so Ford ranger and that thing got real hot real quick. It had a good air conditioner but you could just feel the heat coming down out of the headliner driving along the road.

  7. #7Truck Shop2021-08-07 14:15

    How far can you get on a full charge?

  8. #8CM19952021-08-07 15:12

    Beautiful rig Hallback! I love black cars and trucks but they are a no-go down here in the summer time. The black plastic trim on my F350 burnt my forearm yesterday.

  9. #9Hallback2021-08-07 15:35

    I'm not sure yet I should probably be able to go 250 miles on a tank.

  10. #10Truck Shop2021-08-07 18:00

    Nice rigs! I was talking about a battery charge.

  11. #11Hallback2021-08-07 18:14

    Ha!!

  12. #12Hallback2021-08-10 22:28

    Crappy photos but you get the idea.

  13. #13funwithfuel2021-08-10 22:30

    First pic says it all. "Must be nice" Sure is sharp.

  14. #14Truck Shop2021-08-11 00:23

    Nice lettering!

  15. #15Hallback2021-08-11 05:38

    Haha, thanks guys. I hear that all the time from the peanut gallery so I figured I'd acknowledge it for em.

  16. #16Vetech632021-08-11 07:56

    Must be nice.................to be RICH! LOL

  17. #17Crummy2021-08-11 09:02

    I've got the "must be nice" for things, but never "must be nice" for what it took to get them. Sh....stuff aint free

  18. #18CM19952021-08-11 09:04

    Right on Crummy. Looking good Hallback!

  19. #19kenworth2021-08-11 09:21

    WOW, awesome looking truck!!! Please give us the specs on it. Who is going to be the proud driver?

  20. #20Hallback2021-08-11 19:00

    Thank you guys. 22/25/52-190 axles. 4.56 double lockers X15, 605/2050, 22918, 2spd auxiliary box. Double frame in a 216wb with extra set back Steer. I will drive it.

  21. #21Mike L2021-08-11 19:31

    If it had a service body on it I’d come drive it for you!

  22. #22crane operator2021-08-11 19:39

    There's a local car hauler with a similar outlook near me. He's got a pretty slick peterbilt, and the back of the sleeper is stenciled "All it takes is money". Also- the new truck looks really nice.

  23. #23Truck Shop2021-08-11 20:03

    #1 properly taken care of will last, #2 No one else has owned it, #3 DOT sees it no hassle, #4 Great representation of company, #5 gears and power to move what ever you want, #6 Trucks like that hold there value.-------------#7 you will be smiling every time behind the wheel.

  24. #24hvy 1ton2021-08-11 21:46

    Kinda reminds me of the back of some of the Guida Scrap Metal trucks. The have "Scrap'in Ain't Easy" and some art, but damned if they don't make it look that way.

  25. #25Truck Shop2021-08-11 21:51

    Two best sleeper phrases I've seen One on the side of wrecked tractor-{Flirting With Disaster} Other on a Pete with a 60" flat-top-{Memory Maker Inn}

  26. #26Hallback2021-08-11 22:05

    I agree whole heartedly TS!

  27. #27Hallback2021-08-11 22:13

    This is the logger in the first photo next to mine.

  28. #28Hallback2021-08-11 22:22

    View attachment 243721 This is the logger in the first photo next to mine.

  29. #29Tugger22021-08-11 22:33

    Looks Deluxe !!!!

  30. #30Hallback2021-08-12 21:29
  31. #31Truck Shop2021-08-12 21:41

    The best I've seen was back in the 60's on a KW 523---From Riches to Rags.

  32. #32Hallback2021-08-12 21:47

    That would be cool!!

  33. #33Hallback2021-08-23 06:35

    In true 2021 fashion, I chopped off her pipe(s)

  34. #34Truck Shop2021-08-23 07:10

    That's all that is needed there.

  35. #35Hallback2021-08-27 00:05

    Got some work done today.

  36. #36Truck Shop2021-08-27 01:04

    Look at that you got it all dirt-ified. Nice photos. Stackies were too tall for tower?

  37. #37JPV2021-08-27 01:32

    It looked good in Morton, I walked around it and drooled a little. It couldn't make smoke like Robby's though....

  38. #38Hallback2021-08-27 07:34

    Thanks guys! Oh, it could make smoke like Robbie's, I just have to push a head gasket to do it! TS, ya they were rhe proverbial redheaded stepchildren, They were just waiting to get beat up and might as well eliminate it before it happens.

  39. #39crane operator2021-08-27 08:04

    So how did it handle the load? Everything acted good?

  40. #40Hallback2021-08-27 17:35

    It pulled like a champ. When I threw the brownie in low, trans in low/low it pulled up a very steep grade with just the interlock in.