Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade Float 2012 Deere 35D

JHead · 2020-05-16 07:09

All, looking to figure out a way to add Float function to the dozer blade on my new 2012 JD 35D. Do a lot of landscape grading work with our minis towards the end of jobs and float on other machines has always helped to leave jobs looking clean and professional. Our older 2000 Cat 302.5 came standard with a float blade, but unfortunately I never paid close enough attention to how it was plumbed/how the hydraulics for it were set up, so I’m not sure what I’d have to do now to change the 35D to achieve a similar setup. Any ideas? Would be okay with electronic actuation of the float since the 35D lever probably isn’t going to support the normal detent actuation. Let me know what you come up with! Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612020-05-17 07:40

    I sent you a PM.

  2. #2Thirty5D2020-05-21 10:15

    I'd be interested in learning about any 35D float function ideas too. Thanks again.

  3. #3673moto2020-05-22 14:19

    Same!

  4. #4Jeremy LeBreton2024-04-21 12:48

    Hello resurrecting an old thread. But still a very relevant topic. Has anybody figured out how to add float to the 5G or D models?

  5. #5mg23612024-04-26 05:01

    5G, D?

  6. #6skyking12024-04-26 18:04

    his keyboard lacks the 3 methinks.