Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade shaker 750K

ETMF 58 White · 2018-12-22 11:50

Does a Deere 750K shake the blade if you move the control handle rapidly side-to-side? I ran this machine this week for the first time since I bought it about a year ago, and with material sticking to my blade I attempted to shake it, and nothing happens when I shake the handle. The machine is a 2014 model, and the operator had told me some time ago that the screws fell out of the two halves of the handle, so he has it taped together. Deere can’t tell me what size screws I need, or supply them, they say all they can do is sell me a $500 handle assembly. I’m not sure this has anything to do with the blade not shaking anyway, all I know is I want it to shake and it won’t. We usually have GPS masts mounted on the machine, so I normally wouldn’t want it to shake anyway. But this week the masts were off and I wanted to use my dozer myself and doggone it, I want to shake that mud off. What gives?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2018-12-22 12:41

    What does it say in the operators manual?

  2. #2Delmer2018-12-22 21:51

    I thought buckets shook worse when they had more slop in them. Maybe it's just too tight yet?

  3. #3ETMF 58 White2018-12-22 22:36

    I looked in the operators manual and it does not mention anything about this, although it does have a procedure to check all blade handle functions and their return to neutral position. That’s all good. I did go into a screen menu and reset “Blade Tilt” to normal from its previous setting of “high”, and, counter-intuitively, it seemed to make the handle a little more “shakeable”. But not like my 700H or a couple of 650G’s I’ve had in the past; they would shake your teeth out. And a D6K2 we used had the automatic shaker button which was a neat feature.

  4. #4Welder Dave2018-12-23 02:01

    That is odd the manual doesn't mention it.