what is this part called that the blade moves on? it seems like it has alot of slop, this is on a d4h series 2, does anyone know what parts to replace to tighten them up?
As I recall when new they have shim plates under that so you can remove one or two and take the slop out of it. If the shims are all gone, you probably need to disassemble and either replace worn components or build up with weld and grind flat. I'm sure someone with more recent experience will chime in shortly.
Thanks there are some very thin shims left but I cant tell really how they stay in there or what else is in there to hold it tight, I will have to tear into it and see.
Pull the bolts out and take out shims then put back on . Check the center mounts to.
Are you guys talking about the thin shims under the big bolts in the pic?
If so they are gone, I didnt understand untill I looked at a different blade, what I thought you were talking about was the thin wear plates that were in need of replacement.
We used to remove the shims and bolt them to the outside of the wear plate with a 3/16 inch plate over the top to prevent them from getting bent up. When the T bar got real worn we would pad weld it back up and grind it smooth again. Then we would put the shims back in. The other issue you need to address is the trunnion shaft that the blade rotates on when tilting. There is a bushing in there that commonly breaks up and then damages the trunnion shaft.
Thanks for the input, I have new wear plates on order and I will see how much is worn in there when I take it apart, and if it needs welding. whats the best way to inspect that trunnion bushing? Look for play in it?
You will know when you lift the blade off the linkage and lay it flat. There will be a hole with a bushing in the blade part and a stud on the blade linkage. The bushing will be broke up and the stud will be worn.
Are talking about the Ram pin ? If so it has been put back in with the locking yoke over the beveled pin,you can see from picture the ram-yolk is at an angle indicating a worn pin or housing bush.
Yeah I did notice some play in those rams also