Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bladerunner ED150 experiences

lordshiva ยท 2012-09-02 00:51

Hi Guys and gals...?? I am a new member here and hope to learn a bunch from you all... I have a 20 acre mountainous property in California, and want to build terraces and ponds, and think the Bladerunner ED 150 might be perfect... ANyone own one? WHat are the pros and cons ?? Does the blade get in the way when digging? How would this machine compare with a JD 150 RTS for instance?? Also, do most of you like the 0 TSwing, or do you lose too much lifting power?? Can I run it at 1/3 or 1/2 throttle without engine damage?? any thoughts appreciated~ vincent

Replies2
  1. #1TrentNz2012-09-02 02:48

    the blade shouldn't get in the way, just put it behind you, the 0 swings are great for narrow areas and you shouldn't loose much lifting power, and you can run it at any rpm you want and it shouldn't do engine damage.

  2. #2Hendrik2012-09-03 21:35

    I'd love to have a play with one but they are pretty rare. I don't they have really caught on because they are not really a bulldozer and are basically a smaller excavator stuck on a bigger undercarriage, therefore contractors tend to go for a bigger excavator and have a bulldozer on hand to do the pushing work. However in your application the ED150 might be go? Other machines with backfill blades often do not have the six way function the ED does.