Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blades a bit thin on this Cat

fixou812 ยท 2014-11-17 18:29

Time for a couple band aids.

Replies10
  1. #1Ronsii2014-11-17 20:17

    Looks pretty thin alright.... I'm thinking you're going to need a few more bandaids down the road

  2. #2fixou8122014-11-18 21:14

    yes I blew alot of holes in it while welding Alot of dirt boiling up too!

  3. #3Shimmy12014-11-18 21:16

    That a Komatsu??

  4. #4fixou8122014-11-18 21:23

    It's a d8h. Still having a bit of trouble posting pictures maybe they'll all be upside down if they don't fail before they load.

  5. #5fixou8122014-11-18 21:34

    hope their all not upside down The torch in the picture is a POS

  6. #6fixou8122014-11-18 21:51

    It doesn't look it but that's half inch plate. Top plate was rocking over an inch corner to corner (gap) I didn't have a rose bud heating tip with me.

  7. #7wornout wrench2014-11-19 05:45

    Dude, I don't know if you need a welder or a magic wand to fix that old girl LOL Will definitely be an exercise in patience (as he burns threw again ) Best send along an after picture too

  8. #8oldirt2014-11-19 07:14

    would have been easier to roll out a complete face for the moldboard and both wings, and just weld it all on.

  9. #9fixou8122014-11-19 08:28

    I hear that Old Dirt. Actually I was repairing something else when the owner showed up with these plates. Some one already patched the other side so it already looks like a quilt.!

  10. #10D&GExcavating2014-11-24 21:26

    Agreed with oldirt. Any time we reface our machines, we have the local machine shop roll a whole new face and wings, and then weld them on the blade