Thought id post some pics of some work on the farm. First few are the 4960 with triples,pulling the little disk, and the last couple are the 4560 pulling the graincart. Had to do some disking on some rough ground, and the pics of the cart were from harvesting soybeans. Ill post pics of the combine and semi tomm.
Last years full time job, now I moved up to the semi and combine! Still run it off and on, but it get boring when doing beans!
Alright, time for some combine pics, its a 9600 with a 30' head. Its got gps as well!
dident have my camera today, but ill take some truck pics tomm!
check this out, homemade reel on a corn head to help rake in downed corn. we had some high winds out here a few weeks back that flattened alot of corn fields. this was across the road from me, think its a 9860 deere.
Thats a hell of a machine there! I bet that guy has alot of acres if hes running a 9860! My guess is that it is a 9660 though. Corn reels are becoming more popular today, and they are nice to have on hand, but I still wouldent want to have to combine that mess! Nice pics
I have a buddy who is a wrench at the agco dealer, and he says the new deere class 6 combines don't have enough power to go hard and unload on the go, He's knows two guys that have them and both are having the same issues, one guy asked him about a new massey trade!
i grew up in Idaho hardly ever saw anything but a JD combine, just cause i want to ask a stupid question how are the cat combines?
Saw this little beaut on my way home frmo work last week. Sorry the quality isn't great, I was driving and this was from my phone.
hey Jim you wouldnt know if that is Meadow Springs would you? they are a huge outfit out of Unionville that runs only Green (with the exception of 1 tractor that i think is red) where was the field? the background almost looks like the fields right off Rt.1 near Longwood
why triples on that jd seems like alot more weight is added with those tires than the tractor needs to distribute that far out past the machine.
The triples provide excellent flotation, and minimun compaction. Yes, they add alot of wieght, but the good out wieghs the bad in our case.
cat385- never been in a cat combine, and dont see too many around, very rare.
thats a good cell-phone pic! with mine you'd be lucky to tell it was a combine.
Close... little further south west of rt. 1 right off 841 and 41. Don't really know anything else about it to be honest.
Number 2 combine in my area and closing on number 1 we run 465 track and 30ft flex and 24ft stripper 5.5mph in rice nothing comes close to cutting with it far better capacity, super easy to set machines adjusts itself and remebers those settings, very heavy built (a must in rice) no problems out of ours alot of the 60 and 70 series Deere make about a season in rice and the rotor is worn out to the point of holes already in it 8010 Case has same issues but with tailings elevators lasting 300hrs
What dealer did you buy the Lexion out of? I've heard of many problems running 400 lexions in winter wheat. What are your experiences in wheat with the Lexion. The 500 series is supposed to be better suited to the crop conditions in NA. I do know one thing, the 595R terra is one beast of a combine.
whyne cat I do not plant wheat(thats the easiest crop to cut in my area), I have not heard of any issues in wheat other than a 570 having the wrong screen 500 series is acutally a smaller combine internally you have to step up to a 595 to get as much cleaning area as a 465
nice to see the older machines still being used
I like that 4960 with triples, wish I had one.
nice but ill stck to my ih in ky by the green river all you see is red
Gee having to add all them extra tires and rims just to make the JD preform????? Combine too! CaseIH guys don't do that! JK Rick
Love the JD 4960. Never used one with triples though. Probably wouldn't fit through some of the backroad bridges here in NE Ohio.
Thats because those green machines have so much power you cant get enough traction.
My favorite JD Mower. I bought this used 15 years ago with a medium duty Brush Hog on it. The main thing in my view is the music! If memory serves the engine is 360 CID with two cylinders. 53hp!
I wonder what the fuel consumption is compared to a new 53hp diesel.
Dad had an R JD. He plowed in 4th about 2/3rds throttle with 3-16's at 6" deep (all you want to do in our soil). Darn think was very efficent as long as you didn't run it wide open. Tractor data says the Nebraska test showed 2.3 gallons an hour at max drawbar. Rick
Im swimming in the jealous sea
Those pictures are cool! I like the machine. It looks very great!
I've got a JD running gear under a gravity wagon, but I painted it red :stirthepot Paul
deere 7410 tractor taken on the farm I grew up on around 2002