Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bleeding fuel system-Komatsu PC60-6

big builder ยท 2017-05-22 06:02

Not proud of it...but it looks like I have got air in my fuel system. Changed the fuel filter ( like I have 50 times before on this machine) but got sidetracked with greasing and the rest of the service. Neglected to pump the fuel system up. IT started right up but dies after 30 seconds or so. Now it wont fire. So I assume it is dry. The strange thing is I cant seem to get the plunger to work? Could it be seized? I assuem I need to bleed the entire system now? Can someone run me through how do do that on this machine?

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-05-22 06:44

    Find the fuel inlet bolt on the inj. pump & loosen.. crank the engine till fuel squirts out & tighten.. Now go to the fuel return bolt & do the same.. Loosen all the lines AT the injectors & spin again till you get fuel & tighten.. DONE. To bad you weren't alittle closer to THIS SIDE of the boarder.. I've got hundreds of hand primers, I'd give you 1..

  2. #2oarwhat2017-05-22 06:48

    What are hand primers?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-05-22 06:50

    Sorry, I just looked it up.. there is a bleed screw on the right, just above the side cover.. 10mm double screw w/ a screwdriver slot.. loosen THAT & spin the engine till fuel comes out & tighten.. no need to loosen the inlet bolt.. & theres no return.. STILL need to loosen the injector lines tho..

  4. #4squidrig2017-05-22 07:00

    What is the hand primer/plunger doing? Will it move? If not a lot of those have to be unthreaded first b4 they will operate

  5. #5thepumpguysc2017-05-22 07:06

    Good call Sqid.. I took for granted he's done it 50x before.. The newer Bosch HP's are spring loaded & seal when not in use.. no more screwing back down.. I put them on everything that requires a HP.. sometimes I forget you guys don't do this everyday like me..