Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blinking red light?

03 EC210 ยท 2016-04-22 06:23

I have a blinking red light at the top of the control panel with a triangle and a ! In it. I have no manual. What does this mean? Volvo ec210b (v11360) Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2016-04-23 10:59

    View attachment 210B Warnings.pdf This is referred to as the central warning see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #203 EC2102016-04-23 20:22

    I looked over the warnings PDFs I'm gathering I fit into category 3? Since the central warning light never goes out, just blinks and no buzzer. I will try to turn off the "quick fit" and the "buzzer stop switch" Does this sound correct or am I compleatly misunderstanding the chart. Thank You for your time

  3. #3uffex2016-04-24 05:06

    Good day EC210 The description you explain is that the central warning is flashing this represents the second category but I must add often the buzzer did not work so we cannot discount the first category either. Do you know if the audible warning is working ? It may be an idea to send me your Email by the private message facility on this site I will try to help you some more. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #403 EC2102016-04-24 08:21

    I sent my email in the private message facility. Hope I did it correctly. I listened very closely as the light was blinking and could hear it clicking faintly but no eaisly audible "buzzer". All indicators do light up for three seconds when turning key on. Thanks for the help

  5. #5Nige2016-04-24 10:28

    The buzzer should also sound at the same time. If it doesn't then the chances are it's not working.

  6. #603 EC2102016-04-24 12:27

    Good point. I don't recall if it did or not. I will go back by the yard and check. Thank you Nige

  7. #7Nige2016-04-24 14:07

    The 3-second test is basically to indicate to the operator that all the gauges, warning lights, and buzzer are working correctly before going on to start the engine.

  8. #803 EC2102016-04-26 19:56

    Finally got by the 210 this morning. When I turn the key on all indicator lights (except top light) light up for three seconds and alarm beeps twice. Then when it starts top light only blinks continuously and no buzzer. Any idea what this could be warning me of. Thank You for your time

  9. #9uffex2016-04-27 13:03

    View attachment 210B response.pdf Good day EC210B Volvo used device they referred to as "Contronic" it plugged into the cable bus and gave diagnostic info, however I assume you do not have this one. There is a small display along the seat if you scroll through the keys you can find some diagnostic codes. From your info there appears to be little wrong except the "central warning". I suggest you check out the coolant level sensor and wiring see attached - also the air filter and sensor - as you have no issue with the alternate I assume it is OK. The air cleaner sensor feeds back via the engine ECU a large connector at the back of the engine can be disturbed about the level of the cylinder head I think it is a muti pin Cannon connector check there is no water or if it has become loose. KR Uffex

  10. #1003 EC2102016-04-27 21:04

    I checked it out today and found that the coolant level sensor is disconnected. Couldn't Find the other end of the wire that plugs into it. I suppose that could be the culprit. Do you think someone would disconnect this on purpose? Maybe just got ripped out. I will keep looking for the other end and see if that fixes it. Thank You for the help