Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Block heater

Brandon_M ยท 2017-02-19 16:05

I purchased a Kats 30115 block heater for a 4bt cummins. I thought that it went in the plug on the block behind the alternator but it won't fit. I can't find a plug that it'll fit in. Any ideas of where the 3/4" plug maybe at for this is? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2017-02-19 17:34

    Yup. should be just to the rear of the oil cooler or oil filter, later blocks were 1" pipe.

  2. #2Brandon_M2017-02-19 18:18

    Ok thanks I'll look her over again

  3. #3Brandon_M2017-02-19 18:36

    The first pic is a Allen plug behind the alternator but it's to small for the threaded block heater. The other pic is right behind the oil cooler but it looks like a mini freeze plug, not sure if it's threaded or not.

  4. #4lantraxco2017-02-20 18:05

    Not looking like a 4BT to me, are you sure?

  5. #5Brandon_M2017-02-20 19:17

    Yeah it's a 4bt, unless it's a aftermarket block maybe. I don't know. I purchased it as a remanufactored 4bt. On the side where the oil cooler is it only has 1 larger freeze plug & then the smaller 1 that was in the pic. I don't see anywhere else with a threaded plug for it.

  6. #6lantraxco2017-02-20 20:57

    Oh yeah, tracking now... apparently the knockoff block just use a core plug? Here's a pic: