Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Block Heater – remote via wifi

hdm ยท 2017-02-17 13:32

Most probably have knowledge of this, but i don't really read much about it. I bought a WION wifi enabled 15amp switch (outdoor). 50 dollars Canadian (Cdn Tire). I can turn my block heater on wherever i am with my phone. I actually have blockheater hooked up for my skid steer and forklift so that i can choose which machine to use for plowing now depending on snow load (luxury will be over after this spring when i believe new owner will finally pick up the big machine). Anyway, WION was not fun to setup...as i didn't read instructions (duh). But it works fantastic and i'm happy to be able to turn on the heater before i drive to the lake...and have my machine ready to go! cheers, Hayes

Replies2
  1. #1fast_st2017-02-17 19:28

    that's nuts, and completely awesome!

  2. #2Canadian_digger2017-02-18 07:41

    That is great. Never knew there was a product like that and $50 is definitely affordable!