Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blown Hose on a 303CR cat excavator

Tugger2 · 2019-02-18 12:33

I blew a hose on the crowd {stick cyl} on my 303 excavator. Has anyone been into that group of hoses that runs up through the swing tower, under the boom foot then up to the steel piping on the boom. Theres a rubber block molded around all the hoses in there that leads me to think these hoses come as a whole assembly . Its looking like the boom has to come off to change a hose. Any ideas .

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2019-02-18 18:47

    individual hoses

  2. #2JD955SC2019-02-18 19:05

    I’m not familiar with the 303 but I worked a little on a 308 that had the block as you describe but it was just s giant clamping block that split apart to allow hose removal. The seam may not be easy to see if it’s squished together.

  3. #3Tugger22019-02-18 21:35

    Thanks guys! I quit thinking about it and started ripping things apart. With the boom off and a fishing line hooked to the old hose it wasnt terrible ,about 8 hours later its back together.

  4. #4excavator2019-02-19 12:21

    All that just to change a hose?

  5. #5heymccall2019-02-19 13:39

    Try changing a main valve to swivel travel hose on a 314clcr.

  6. #6Nige2019-02-19 13:45

    That’s why working on Lawns & Gardens size stuff is always a pain. Give me a full-size mining truck any day.

  7. #7excavator2019-02-19 15:00

    I agree, but I've changed boom/stick hoses on Cat mini's before and it's not that bad.

  8. #8heymccall2019-02-19 15:05

    Or, change the same function hose on a TB180FR Takeuchi.