Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blown hydraulic hose repair on a JD 555G T0555G767453

Joe Nowak · 2025-09-12 11:30

So I went up north to put in a new hydraulic filter, moved the 555 to a convenient spot and one of my bucket clam hoses blew! Haha, can't catch a break! So now I need to order a new hose. It's the one that goes to the lower end of the cylinder that operates the clam or thumb. I can't seem to find anything on the JD parts site. Is that site useless or am I doing something wrong?! Can someone tell me the part number of this hose? Nige and mg2361, you guys have been so helpful in the past. Or are hoses so generic you just buy one the right length? The union nut appears to be about 1 1/8". Also, when I replace, do I need to bleed the air out of the system somehow or does that just happen? Any other tips or advice when replacing this hose would be helpful. Thanks guys!

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612025-09-12 11:59

    Go here

  2. #2Joe Nowak2025-09-12 12:18

    Thanks mg. Will this hose come with the o-rings?

  3. #3oldtom2025-09-12 20:15

    no

  4. #4Joe Nowak2025-09-18 19:46

    I'm having trouble finding this hose in stock. I'm wondering if I can just but a 1/2 inch hydraulic hose at Fleet Farm or Tractor Supply or somewhere? The blown hose appears to have female fittings on both ends but I'm wondering if those are fittings that come off and go on the new hose? AAnyone know what the specs are for this hose? Thanks for any info.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-09-18 20:39

    Most Deere hoses are “fabricate only” , the dealer builds the hose per the data sheet spec. The hose fittings are all crimp on and not reusable. @mg2361 has acess to the data sheets but I have not seen him here this week. Based on the o-ring part number the female fittings are -10 flat face (ORFS) on both ends. The hose inside diameter and the pressure rating are generally printed on the entire length of the hose. Measure the hose over all length including the fittings and note if the ends are straight, 45 or 90 degree and Bobs your uncle.

  6. #6Legdoc2025-09-19 00:23

    Find a good hose shop and have it fabricated there.

  7. #7Coaldust2025-09-19 03:07

    Yeah, this is becoming way too complicated.

  8. #8Welder Dave2025-09-24 02:38

    Yeah, it's not a JCB with odd fittings.

  9. #9boaterri2025-09-24 16:19

    Any hydraulic hose shop can make them. Take the hose off and bring it in. Do all 4 while you have it apart and are covered in hydraulic fluid, if one has gone the others will soon follow unless it was a foreign object damage case.