Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

blue chip forklift

coastlogger ยท 2016-12-17 11:35

Hi All Im looking at a 4wd bluechip forklift I could use around my yard. Anyone know anything about them? Dont find much by googling. Impression I get is they are a western make,maybe Canadian,long out of business? Wonder what there is for parts around. Axles and things. Anyone know of a dealer or any info on them at all would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2016-12-17 21:21

    I've never seen one or heard of them before now. Generally a small construction equipment maker welds up their own parts and buys "off the shelf" engines, transmissions, and axles. Maybe forklift masts too? Almost certainly standard hydraulics, though the cylinders might be oddball, but still oddball cylinders aren't that much of a problem to get seals for if you have time. If it's in decent usable shape, and it sounds like it's something that won't be depended on daily, you don't have much to lose.