Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bob Tach Plate

NCPIPELINE ยท 2012-04-12 06:14

Morning, Been replacing all the spindles on the bob tach on a T190. The weld in bushings look ok, but the press ins look shot. Do I cut them out and how do I go about getting new ones in? Hammer and block?

Replies1
  1. #1Randy882012-04-12 07:30

    On different models, we use a port-a-power to pull them in with a hollow cylinder and threaded rod, not sure about a bobcat, I've never done one of those before, but I'd think they should be about the same. If its a blind hole with no through hole, those we use a port-a-power and push them into the hole, propping the cylinder off the other side, sometimes we have pushed both in at the same time with the same cylinder, if that won't work, post a picture of what your working on so we can see what it looks like. To get them out, we die grind them out, usually along one side the whole length and that usually relieves the pressure which holds them in and they come right out, on a few with a blind hole we drop a ball bearing in and then use a larger tap than what the remaining bushing is and turn the tap in and that in turn pushes out the bushing, again, I'm not sure what yours looks like.