Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 100 excavator questions

spitzair ยท 2009-05-16 00:39

Hi guys, I've found a Bobcat 100 excavator for sale... The ad says there's an injector pump problem, haven't talked to the owner yet so I don't know more details... The price seems OK, $4000 CDN, is this a good price for this unit if everything else is in good condition? What engines are in these machines? What are they like to run compared to the more modern ones? I've only run the newer 200 and 300 series bobcat excavators and really loved them, much more than my dad's cat excavator... What are some other things to look for on these machines aside from the usual undercarriage, pins/bushings on the arm and rotek bearing? Any hints, tips, tricks and info would be very much appreciated!

Replies8
  1. #1thebig450es2009-09-26 00:09

    I found a kubota 101, i'm tring to find more info, if i find anything out i'll let you know

  2. #2bigbob2009-09-26 16:50

    We had a Bobcat 116 years ago, was a Komatsu PC 40-6. Proably a Komatsu machine with a Komatsu/Cummins engine in it. You should be able to get parts from Komatsu. What year is it? Ours was a 1989.

  3. #3strangehand2009-12-18 08:26

    maybe the bobcat 100 series with kubota engine.

  4. #4spitzair2009-12-27 14:08

    Update, sorry it took so long - I looked at it and passed on it. Somebody had butchered a VW 4 cylinder diesel engine into the machine. That engine was seized solid. Then the dipper on it was a homebuilt affair, with a bucket off of a 7 ton machine. It was totally worn out and the bucket cylinder was bent on top of that. They wouldn't budge on the price so I left it there... What a basket case!

  5. #5strott2009-12-27 14:30

    Sounds like a seller problem rather than an "injector problem"!! Surely it is against the law to advertise a problem which doesn't exist or to try to pass it off as something else. If the digger was capable of digging a hole the poor thing ought to bury itself!

  6. #6spitzair2009-12-27 14:38

    Here's a few pics I found of it... Yeah, I wasn't too impressed that when I got there and looked at it I found it seized solid. It had obviously run out of coolant and cooked itself good...

  7. #7thebig450es2009-12-27 18:14

    yeah, that looks like it needs alot of work and parts , i wouldnt pay very much for that.

  8. #8strott2009-12-28 13:59

    Patchwork digger!! The cosmetics are bad let alone the mechanics of it!!