Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 116 (1988) control switch to Cat/ISO?

saiphes ยท 2011-04-29 15:20

Anyone know how to switch a bobcat 116 excavator to cat style controls? I'm also having trouble finding part numbers and dimensions for the undercarriage rollers and metal track. Can anyone point the way? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1jason.wright2011-04-29 15:22

    Are you asking to go from backhoe to excavator controls?

  2. #2saiphes2011-04-29 15:40

    yeah I think so, I've always heard Deere vs Cat control patterns - right now it's left stick back for boom up and right stick back for dipper in, I want it the opposite stick back for boom up and left stick back for dipper in. Do I have to change hoses around?

  3. #3jason.wright2011-04-29 18:07

    yeh you are looking for ISO. there should be a valve near the hydraulic valves that switches it but I'm not sure on a 88 bc. Good luck

  4. #4CRAFT2011-04-30 12:53

    What you are looking for is called "SAE" or commonly called the "CAT" control pattern ....... and not Backhoe to Excavator pattern ! ...... LOL ..... lmfao Not sure where to look, if there is even a pattern changer already on your machine ..... if your BC dealer can't help you, then simply trace the pilot control hyd lines back to the spool bank They'll either go straight back to the bank or there will be the a pattern changing valve in between ......... Good-luck ! .......

  5. #5CRAFT2011-04-30 13:03

    If you do have to change the pilot lines around you wil have to find where there is a junction block where all the pilot lines come to ...... from there you'll have to change 4 lines (2 for the stick and 2 for the boom) ......... be carefull and pre-mark ALL of the lines first (most guys use a bunch of different colored zip ties on the hyd ftgs at that block) and draw your-self a diagram ..... do one line at a time ! ........ Have fun !

  6. #6saiphes2011-04-30 15:26

    Thanks, guys! Anyone know where to find cheaper aftermarket parts than from bobcat? over $300 for a lower roller is high, compared to $250 for one for the cat e120b that's 4 times as big.

  7. #7saiphes2011-05-06 12:21

    The Bobcat 116 excavator is pretty much the same machine as the Komatsu PC40-6 and the local komatsu dealer has all the parts.

  8. #8saiphes2011-05-14 13:35

    THe hydraulic line sizes on the bobcat ( komatsu pc40-6 ) seem strange. The output to the stick hydraulic is larger than for the boom hydraulic, but both are routed through hard lines of the same size. I could switch the controls under the seat at the control unit, or just after the hardlines outside that route around the boom swivel. Right now it's like this: ControlA -> Large Rubber -> small steel -> large rubber Control B -> small rubber -> small steel -> small rubber I imagine that control A and control B, having different output sizes would mean different power or throughput flow rates. Is it foolish to try to switch the controls?