Hi, I have a 99 763 high flow with hand controls only (joy stick) I recently installed the 14 pin kit with the control module- when I got it it did not have a wire diagram for the pins- I did manage to find which pin has 12 volts- my question is which joy stick controls the pins? Does the machine have to be running to use this feature or can the key just be switched on? I bought this because I have several attachments and I would not like to wire the machine with 4 different plugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks...Chris
I'm not exactly familiar with the '99 763, but on the assumption that Bcat has the same schematics on ALL of their machines ……OK here goes ! …this is what I found out and I use as a guide line : By now I hope you have seen that all of the pins are alphabetically identified, if not have a really close look into the plug " You WILL NEED to know this " K- is a constant 12v (+positive) power L- is sometimes required to have a jumper from K to feed back to the ACD (the jumper is done on the attachment side of the harness) … this depends on the type of attachment used E & F - is on the left hand joystick the rocker switch up/down -#6 / #7 G & H - is on the right hand joy stick the rocker switch up/down - #8 / #9 C & D - is a left right rocker switch on the left hand joy stick - #4 / #5 B - is the ground (-Negative) This should help you …… it took me weeks, and tons of phone calls to finally find a dealer that had an old school tech that was willing to help me I.D. the combos of the pins in a 14pin plug, and why ….. most of the dealers wanted me to bring the machine in and match up my brand-x attachment to Bcat ………… Cheers and good-luck !
Thanks Craft!! I will check it out tomorrow- do these functions work when the machine is running or can they work with the engine off but the key is on? Thanks again...Chris
Boy you really are putting my 'ol brain to the test ! ….. it was a couple of years ago, but from what I can recall it will work with the power on, BUT mine is an '07 A-300 with the keyless touchpad ….and if my memory serves me well I had to also touch the hyd flow engage button as well ….. can't remember if the lap bar had to be down too ….. but hey all you can do is try the different combinations with the key and lap bar ect. …… I wish I had a scanner to post the Bcat diagrams that I have … if you found someone close to you that had a shop manual they're in there too …..good-luck tomorrow !
Thanks again Craft!! I will get a shop manual this week and look into it. Thanks again I really appreciate it. Chris
you'll find that buttons, triggers and switches from both handles control some aspect of the 14 pin harness. BTW a '99 model does not have joystick controls, it was available with foot control, acs ( selectable hand /foot control) or AHC (hand control only). "joystick control" means something else entirely :drinkup
Hi Crewchief888, thanks for the definition- I must have AHC because I dont have foot controls. I will try to figure out the 14 pin plug- because the weather man is saying we could be getting a major snow storm for friday-saturday - I was hoping to use the new snow blower on the bobcat. Thanks again for all of your help...Chris
Snowblower ! ….well depending on the brand you got, you may have to wire in some diodes ….. you'll have to open up the default remote control box that came with u'r blower to see if there are any used, it's so that when you go to rotate or use the tipper that it does not feed back and both begin to operate at the same time ……. I wound up mounting a weather tight junction box on the blower and running a 14/6 - Polar/Arctic type trailer cable back to the skid's boom, use this type or you will regret it, the regular cables are way too stiff when it gets cold **duhhh !….it's always cold when snowblowing ** …. LOL …... If you don't it will cause major problems at the 14 pin plug, wanting to pull out the pins from the socket …. been-dare-done-datt ! …. The pins u'll want to use are: In the blower side of the plug you will install a short jumper from L TO K with a place to connect a wire to u'r harness (1) K - will feed the power to the Blower where there will be diodes attached in the plastic junction box (2) B - ground (3) C - Rotate right ** left hand toggle switch - #5 (4) D - Rotate left ** left hand toggle switch - #4 (5) G - Snow Deflector/tipper up** right hand rocker switch - #8 (6) H - Snow Deflector/tipper down** right hand rocker switch - #9 As you see those are the 6 wires at the 14-pin plug-in and the switches you have to use on the tiller handles. On mine there is a trigger button on the back side of the right handle, that's what activates the hydraulics continuous flow to u'r blowers hyd manifold and on that handle there is a l/r rocker switch, u can NOT use it to rotate the chute it is interfaced with the trigger button (usually used to angle a blade l/r). Not sure if your default controller also use a 6-pin round plug-in on the blower where u can pug it in, but if it does, what I did was retain it in the event that u are in the middle of a job and screw up the harness that u custom built, then u could always plug in the original controller again. I installed a plastic weather proof electrical box and ran a pigtail to plug-in (male) to the original one on the blower ...…. also from that plastic box I ran a second pigtail to another made up plug-in (female) so that's how u can bypass if u have to. Inside of the plastic box is where u install the diodes, which i'm pretty sure u'll have to. ……. This description I just gave u may sound a little complicated but actually isn't …. now again if I can figure out how to post some pics I will …that'll show how easy it was to do …… cheers again and good-luck !