Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 2 speed

barnbuilder ยท 2026-03-09 10:32

I have a Bobcat A300 that throws a 38-16 code. That speed sensor, left, has been replaced. Also the controller has been updated to not need the speed sensors. Usually soon as the ignition is turned on it throws the code. Sometimes it will operate for a minute. When it codes it derates to the minimum speed. Bobcat said it needed a new controller, 6683608, which is no longer available. I found a used one. Installed it, same thing. Looked over wiring harness. Pulled plugs apart and cleaned them. No luck. Could it be joystick? Round base. I tried pulling it apart but doesn't want to separate. What about the other controller? Does it command the 2 speed? What puts it into 2nd gear? Is there a plug I can disconnect and check?

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2026-03-09 13:56

    Do you have schematics for this unit that you can post a picture of. Might be an idea to post your serial number. Simon C

  2. #2barnbuilder2026-03-09 14:19

    I think I figured it out. Swapped speed sensors from side to side. Which Bobcat said they did. Code followed sensor. The one Bobcat installed wasn't OEM. I have one on order.

  3. #3Simon C2026-03-09 14:21

    I have read so many stories on a few different repair sites about aftermarket parts failures it is not even funny. Simon C

  4. #4barnbuilder2026-03-09 14:24

    Yes. Ordered some filters for my truck that were supposed to be oem. Could not read the part number on them. Hopefully this works. Thanks