Hi all- ran across this Bobcat 225 that the guy says he wants to sell for $100. He doesn’t really know much about it or where any of the parts missing disappeared to. He says he knows where another motor is for around $1200. What motor is this anyways? It’s pretty rough, but looks like everything else is there except for maybe the ROPS. Think it would take too much to get it going? Rebuild it, new rebuilt motor or just junk it? Look forward to any responses. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...9AlmqyTzX2RnEULwea7zWQLVIbP90veAXu8EqLGwfus7l
Here is a couple more pictures. I cant read any of the tags for numbers on this thing, but i want to find out what kind of motor it is so i can maybe see how much another one would be. Any ideas? https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8466720ae4b9c9db11979f06ea20bf68&oe=5EB322D9 https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=63786982d1c7cb4b2dcb3a448a630037&oe=5E799EC5
That engine is an Isuzu. Looks to be 1996 CC from your picture. Should have more info stamped on the block around the fuel injection unit. In the past BobCat sold some foreign equipment which was rebranded. Parts for the machine maybe hard to come by and or expensive. Thank I would look for a deal on a used runner before I worked on that engine.
That was a really bad answer and nobody beat me up? I was working on an Isuzu today and had that on the brain. The engine in your picture is a Kubota.
Good day Tenwheeler The only folk that make no mistakes are those that do nothing. Kind regards Uffex
I’m always up for a challenge but yeah, I’m thinking may pass on this one. If the guy actually knows where another motor is, I may take a look. It’s pretty beat. Some of the older stuff can really be good machines when you resurrect them, but maybe not a good candidate. Thank you though for input.
Absolutely!
Considering there is an injector missing leaving an open hole right to the cylinder, no injector high pressure lines leaving the injectors and injector pump exposed to the elements for who knows how long, and the intake manifold missing with those ports exposed..........and that’s just what is obvious! I believe you have come to the proper conclusion.
Good day Dare I say for 100 you could get that money back and much more for spare parts. Kind regards Uffex
Heck yeah!!! the radiator and fan are worth much more than that would make an awesome franken-project heh heh
Guess I love projects cause got it on the trailer yesterday...
Now get the numbers by the injection unit. Then google used engine for sale. That is what I would do and have done anyway.
For sure next step. Thanks.
Video of the engine that got pulled out.
Well at least you know the oil and water are clean
To say the least huh lol!!
Amazing the machine shop called and said the crank was ok and we could go with standard bearings... Very surprised.
Did get this thing running but need to shim the head. The shims aren’t available anymore - is it possible to double stack the composite head gaskets? It would come out to the exact clearance I need.
Any ideas? Greatly appreciated....
Only one way to find out.
Hahahhha ..... Ok gonna double em up!
NOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS... had I not decided to double up on the head gaskets I never would have realized how much the first place charged me. I had Garten Tractor in Stockton, ca order it and didn’t pay any mind to the receipt when I picked it up. So got the second one from Sonsray in San Leandro and after picking it up I wanted to double check part numbers. Sonsray charged me 37.00 and Garten had charged me 387.00. We are talking a 3 cylinder head gasket here... clearly something wrong with that. Am I missing something here? When I called Garten on it they told me that’s what the computer says and they couldn’t do anything about it. I asked him that being he was the manager, could he not look into it, to which he refused and told me they don’t do returns on ordered parts. Really? Time waiting, fuel to pick up and then your just going to rob me of almost 400.00 on a gasket I picked up somewhere else for 37.00? I know tractor parts are a bit more but really? Asshat- well I know where NOT to go now. Guess all that’s left is to see if it works.
One sounds really high and the other really low. I have overhauled some Isuzu, Hino and Kabota engines. OEM parts are expensive but I see very inexpensive parts available from China. I chose not to take the risk. Bought some Isuzu parts from an outfit in Miami. Thank their name has three letters. Some of them were in Isuzu packaging and none were from China. Had a hard time understanding Hector but the service, price and parts were good.