Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 325G 2 speed travel not working

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2018-03-13 14:13

Hey everyone, I would need a little help. On my 325G the 2 speed travel does not work. When I press the button for 2 speed travel, the light comes on but it does not change the speed. Any ideas???? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Blondie702018-03-13 21:08

    Howdy. I can't help you diagnose your problem but want to ask you what RPM you generally run at when digging ? Also, are your controls real sensitive? Do you get any jerkiness ? I have the 331 G. Thanks, Pete

  2. #2The Learner2018-03-14 04:55

    This is going to sounds odd What condition is your gear oil in, in your reduction hub I have seen on 2t minis the 2 speed does not work effectively when the oil is bad On the other end of the scale Have you tested that the pilot soleniod is functioning Electrically and hydraulicly

  3. #3UpNorth Mini Excavating2018-03-14 09:46

    The gear oil has just been changed. I have not tested the pilot solenoid. Any advice on how to do it effectively? Thanks

  4. #4UpNorth Mini Excavating2018-03-14 09:48

    Blonde, I am not sure of the exact rpm but I have the throttle up all the way when digging. I have no jerkiness at all. My controls are not super sensitive. They feel just about right.

  5. #5The Learner2018-03-14 17:03

    With a multimeter test all the coils for power Then find which on comes on and off with your 2 speed button Undo the retaining nut and test if the coil has pull Remove the coil and stem and see that the spool is shifting Check the ports for contamination

  6. #6mike olscher2022-07-24 14:15

    Hello did you solve this issue I have a 2007 325 that the right side has stopped going into the fast speed. The left goes in and out fine. Please advise if you solved this issue?

  7. #7mike olscher2022-09-27 20:36

    I had a similar issue find the link for what my issue ended up being. HeavyEquipmentForums