Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 331 – bucket will not move, tracks/blade will move

LROBE ยท 2012-11-12 08:58

I have a Bobcat 331 that was working perfectly fine under 40% of the normal demand that I put on it, that bogged and died as I was turning right on the turntable on level ground. After that, with the key ON, there was no audible buzz or amber caution lights. Turning to START, the machine makes no attempt to put power to the starter. I could hold the fuel cutoff by hand, and manually jump start with a screwdriver... but still no audible buzz or amber caution lights. The tracks and blade move, but the bucket and arm do not move. There's no sound from the engine or hydraulics when i move those joysticks to hint that there is any hydraulic fluid moving for the arm or bucket. I'm no electrical guru, but my neighbor is pretty decent. I trickle charged the battery, then we put a multimeter and figured it was a relay harness located under the coolant reservoir that controls the fuel cutoff. Apply common sense, or a lack of, I backed that up with the fuel cutoff being very weak over the past year, often having to manually switch it before I could start. Bought a new relay harness, but no change in symptoms besides the ignition will now buzz as the glow plugs are warming up. The tracks and blade move. The arm and bucket still do not move. I'm just wondering If i am missing a safety switch, fuse, another relay, etc? Already out $100 for that relay harness, and hate throwing money at unbroken parts. Any help is greatly appreciated:drinkup Picture of the machine: PHP: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/405695_10101031205118705_1331190053_n.jpg

Replies1
  1. #1LROBE2012-11-12 09:01