I have a 331-bobcat mini and when I turn the key on the instrument panel will not light up, nothing comes on. I can turn the key and the engine will turn over. I have Constance power on two red wires on the far end of the panel. and when I turn the key on there is power on the 3rd plug in on the back of the panel. Did something happen to the panel or am I missing something. all the fuses are good and the relays are good.
Good day Have you checked for the ground connection? Kind regards Uffex
yes i checked at the battery, it ran when I parked it but went back in a few days and wouldn't do anything. Does the panel control everything.
Good day To be of help I need a wiring schematic for your machine, while you have checked the battery have you checked the panel connection. Kind regards Uffex
yes checked the connections, have constant 12 volt on 2 legs and key on have 12 volt on another let
Good day As to the best of my information, you have five connectors for the display. I have highlighted those which I consider important, connector J1 ground and battery for the display to work. The twisted pair also needs to have good connection for the display connector J5 terminal A & B. I would make a determined effort to be sure those are good before i would condemn the display. See attached. Kind regards Uffex
Ok thank you I will do some checking tomorrow
Ok I went ahead and checked it out. J1 on E & F I have 12.8 volts on them with key off. J5 connectors look good but no power on them.
Good day Please be sure you have ground on the illustrated connections. Kind regards Uffex
Yes, on J1 both grounds will oms out touching body chassis.
Good day That begins to sound like the display panel, all other functions work OK?
no the only thing it will do is turn over, will not start and nothing on display panel,
Ok I will need to work on that a little, keep in mind I will be using a Bcat electrics from a similar machine. Kind regards Uffex
ok thanks
Please check that we have power beyond the starter motor and the corresponding fuse’s. See attached
I know we have power at the fuses and relays. I'll do some more checking tomorrow
also when you switch it on you used to here a beep and the fuel shut off click. you have nothing now except when you turn the key to crank it will turn over.
When you crank the engine turns? can you connect your meter across the battery as to measure the volts and crank the machine see what the reading is. Kind regards Uffex
Ok will try that this morning
Battery has 12.7 volts then when cranking 10.1
The cranking confirms we have power to the start switch, some feed for fuel solenoid. I would check J1 connection with key on should have power 8110>8150 Connector J4 9330. It kind of looks as though the panel is not working as it should.
No power to 8110 or 8150 have 12 v on J4 9330
Good day From what I can follow this is looking like the ECU (Control panel) is at fault. My suggestion contact the local Bcat dealer and ask if they could check it out for you. Kind regards Uffex
Good evening, I was told that if I bought a new one from Bobcat I needed them to come and program it within an hour after it is hooked up. Is there anything to this or what?
Good day Must confess never replaced one I suggest call the main dealer ask if "A" they can test your panel "B" if you buy new will it come pre-programed. I can equire here and see if I get response. Kind regards Uffex
I asked them about testing mine and they said they needed the machine at their shop, I said it wound crank and I can't get it loaded to bring it in. they had no answer.
Hi RH Don't appear to be so helpful, I will make some questions here in the UK and come back with the response. Kind regards Uffex
Good day I have checked with a couple of dealers who are telling me that it is a straight replacement no programming involved.It is possible to hot wire the stop solenoid to get it mobile if that helps. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you for all the help, sounds good
Good day A new display would need adjustin for your machine but it is something you can do to activate the display.I can get that information if you o not have it. Kind regards Uffex
I found a place that rebuilds them and sending it away to get repaired. they said all i'll have to do is plug and play when I get it back. Thanks,
That sounds good I hope they can fix it
Hello. How did the repair go? I got a bad board
hiI have a bad aux hydraulics button on my panel board do you have address for where you sent it to get repaired
so I found two companies that will fix the dash for you one is a lot more expensive Isocell.com the other is Nicks Electronics in Tucson both have stuff on youtube