Very much a beginner here so please understand I won't know what you are talking about most likely at first...lol Experience level: replaced 3 hoses, replaced all filters plus fluids, got track back on and weekly greasing That being said, this machine has developed a new noise when the bucket is curled and I want to address it before it gets more expensive (hopefully). Also, may be a coincidence and totally unrelated but the boom used to stay up when parked over night and now it very slowly lowers. AND no idea if this has always been this way or not but also over night, the thumb cylinder extends..so first thing in morning I have to do is retract thumb. All help and guidance is much appreciated. Thank you
Good dday & welcome Cylinder leakage is pretty normal in small amounts, the question is how much, time the creep by measuring the cylinder rod over a five minute period with fluid at temperature. As for the noise from the short presentation I could not detect anything alarming. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you for the reply...I don't know if the rod will even move in 5 minutes but I will have a look soon. I don't mind it slowly creeping down, just wanted to add that since I thought it "might" be related to the noise I am concerned about. Speaking of the noise...I am continuing to research this before I put it back together and have realized the noise only happens when I use the bucket in a "slower motion"...Not related to engine speed as that does not change it, we are talking only when I let's say, try to carefully pick something up between thumb and bucket VS just clamping down fast on it...if that makes sense..lol Through all of my reading up on hydraulics thus far I am "wondering" if since I am not fully engaging joystick to the left or right a spool valve is not getting enough pressure to open fully causing restricted fluid flow through the lines and pump which is making the noise appear...and "IF" this is the case...can doing this cause damage to things?...Two buddy's now say, use it as is and ignore the noise...but Bobcat mechanic is supposed to get back to me whose first impressions were, this does not sound correct and wanted to run it by a colleague.
Good day Reading your post suggests that this is a case of restricted flow. If the same or similar noise occurs when you dead end the cylinder would most probably mean this is a normal feature of the machine. You mention the thumb. I assume this remains stable during the bucket movement. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex, this is the same sound (at least to my ears) that is created when I dead head the pump. The thumb remains stable...Had this machine made this noise when I first got it I would probably not even think twice about it but I constantly worry that my continued use and ignorance could cost me dearly down the road when it could be as simple as a few Orings now..or just bleeding something...lol
Good day You could check the pressures issues with relief valves will normally show up on a gauge. Knd regards Uffex
Noise doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. Most likely because the control valve isn't letting max. flow. Open or close the thumb at full speed and I bet there's no noise.